LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestras Condiciones de uso y nuestra Política de privacidad para más información.
LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestra Política de privacidad y nuestras Condiciones de uso para más información.
Barrett Wissman is an individual who sees innovation in differentiation. He brings us the concept of truly allowing ourselves to become absorbed in the arts. He has closely worked with and also supported organizations that promote arts education and diversity.
Barrett Wissman – The Medici of the 21st Century
• Barrett Wissman brings us the concept of truly allowing ourselves to
become absorbed in the arts via what could be called the ‘slow
• The Forbes columnist, financier and Co-Chairman of IMG Artists
organized unique festivals such as the Festival Del Sole, the Abu
Dhabi Festival, the Placido Dominigo Festival and Tribeca Firenze, all
of which not only offered a stellar lineup of performing artists and
entertainment, but gave guests the opportunity to enjoy exquisite
food, wine and historical exhibitions in a culturally rich environment.
• He believes the growth of his ‘slow entertainment’ approach will
result in nothing less than a ‘broader cultural understanding
between people and contribute to the appreciation of what makes
us human beings again’–which is something often too easily
forgotten in our fast-paced digital age.
Barrett Wissman: The Sphinx Organization
• Mr. Wissman is an entrepreneur, a great musician and a
reliable supporter of the arts. He supported organizations
that promote arts education and diversity.
• Sphinx Organization, a non-profit working to transform
lives through the power of diversity in the arts is the great
example of his work. Barrett Wissman & IMG Artists
Announce Partnership with The Sphinx Organization in Feb
• Sphinx Organization promotes the education and careers
of young, marginalized musicians; Barrett ensures those
who could never have access to instruments have them…”
Co-Founder of Napa’s Festival del Sole
• Barrett Wissman is all about the perfect pairing. He brings world-class
musicians and performers and juxtaposes them with world-class
experiences with wine and food.
• A decade ago, he teamed up with Richard Walker to found Napa Valley’s
Festival del Sole, a midsummer celebration of music, dance,
performance, improvisation, fine wine and cuisine — what he calls “the
art of life.”
• The festival now runs 10 days (July 17-26) and includes 47 events at
wineries, parks and cultural locations that pair top-flight talent with the
best of the Napa Valley.
Barrett Wissman: Festive Fundraisers
• The Festival del Sole Gala held at the five star Mead wood recently
raised a staggering $1m. The event was founded by Richard Walker
and Barrett Wissman.
• Attracting over 300 guests, this midsummer soiree enjoyed the
performance of forest-fairies, 10-time Grammy winner and
Presidential Medal of Freedom honoree Arturo Sandoval, as well as
singers Monica Mancini and Jamie Davis.
• The Napa Valley Festival del Sole was founded in 2006 by San
Francisco Bay Area attorney and arts manager Richard Walker and
IMG Artists Chairman Barrett Wissman. They envisioned that the
festival would define Napa Valley as a cultural destination.
Cultural Development by Barrett Wissman
• Barrett Wissman has been leading a paradigm shift in
performing arts monopoly. Shifting from conventional settings
and trying to bring arts and music to new places, Barrett
vowed to promote refined arts and world class performances
as universal and borderless.
• In order to reach a wider audience and take his work to the
next level, Barrett is also the visionary behind IMG artists, an
artists management firm that represents more award-winners
and global best-sellers than any other company in the world.
• It’s a mission in his life to have more and more people enjoy
and love the arts.”
Interesting Things about Barrett
• He is a very aesthetically oriented person, an amateur student of
architecture and interior design. He went to incredible lengths to
find a company that would make paua shell tiles for his home.
• He loves materials and colors - both opulent and minimalist. In one
of his homes I has mixed together minimalist and oriental design,
with many Indian artefacts and an Indian garden.
• He enjoys the dividends of his primary investment and hard work: to
keep music an active part of his life.