Startup hires typically choose an increased salary and
beneﬁts over equity
• Most individuals would rather work for the government, banks or big corporations.
• Technical talent is so scarce that they are usually not afraid of being ﬁred.
Competitors are dangerous but employees can hit harder
• The government will always take the side of the employee in any legal dispute.
• Employers will often have salaried employees punch in and out of a time clock to
avoid a dispute where an employee claims they were overworked.
A salary raise cannot be reversed
• Companies cannot ﬁre anyone in the month where the employee is supposed to
negotiate a raise on their own behalf or through their union.
Minimum annual salary by law is $4300
(yearly) $50,000 $109,000
@2014 All Rights ReservedJoin us: @WorldStartupRpt