3. Conventional Resources :-
Those which have been in a common use for a long time.
Non conventional energy resources is energy that is
renewable. That means that it will replenish itself naturally.
5. Solar energy
7. It is widely used for cooking & heating.
In our country, more 50% of energy comes from
8. Most abundantly found fossil fuel.
Generated thermal power.
It is also called as Buried Sunshine.
9. Products of petroleum are used from many year to
light fire .
Products of petroleum are used for driving vehicle.
10. It is found with petroleum depoists and is released
when crude oil is bought to the surface.
Accounts for about 15% of electricity generated
quickly becoming the fuel of choice.
11. Rain water stored in dams is made to fall from
heights. The falling water flows through pipes in the
dams thus generating electricity called as hydro
One fourth of world's electricity is produced by
12. Sun is the major resource for this energy.
Energy trapped from this can be used in solar cells.
13. Wind used near coastal areas and high ridges.
Its is an inexhaustible energy.
14. Splitting uranium atoms produces a great deal of
heat energy that is processed into electrical energy
in nuclear plants.
15. Utilizes the Earth’s inner heated rocks to heat water
that reaches these areas through seismic faults.
This water is turned to steam them captured to
operate steam-powered generators.
16. Energy generated by tides are called tidal energy.
They can be harnessed by building dams at narrow
openings of the sea.
17. Uses heat generated from burning solid municipal
waste to heat water to operate steam powered