Custom Student Portal
RA came into existence in 2013 and, since then, offered its students a dual
learning approach (combining Vocational and Academic aspects) along with
an interactive environment. Based in UAE, RA hosts many academic
programs and vocational courses that align with established standards and
practices. Also, it’s the first educational institution in the UAE to give students
learning opportunities by combining vocational education with academics.
This academy focuses mainly on enriching the knowledge of the individuals
linked with security, emergency preparedness and the defense sector. Some
popular courses include Business Continuity Management, Integrated
Emergency Management, Policing & Security, Intelligence Analysis,
Homeland Security, Crime Scene, Policing & Security Leadership, and Defense
& Security. Covering these programs and courses serves as a gateway to the
world of opportunities for students who wish to build a flourishing
professional career in both the public and private sectors. The students are
taught by competent global faculty qualified at the world’s top universities.
Our client needed to provide its students with a well-formatted portal with
every feature in place to serve the students with hands-on information
available about the courses they enrolled in. In addition, they wanted to keep
a tab on the record of every student at any time and allow students to
download certificates of the finished courses whenever needed.
Along with courses, the academy allows large organizations to easily enroll
their employees as students to enhance their skills and gain certification in
specific courses. Moreover, with time, the company grew at a pretty
impressive rate. Their student base was also growing rapidly, making it
challenging to oversee numerous things at once.
Some of the major issues faced by them were:
1. Unable to streamline leads and keep a tab on the entire sales process.
2. They needed an interactive platform for their students where almost every
feature was available at their fingertips.
Zelite Solutions helped RA with all their concerns by offering them a wide
range of custom solutions.
By conducting deeper analysis and thorough research, Zelite Solutions
proposed solutions to help RA scale, eliminate the obstacles they were
encountering, and streamline their sales cycle.
Developing Public Facing Website
● Zelite Solutions made a static responsive public-facing website keeping the
client’s target audience intent in mind along with branding guidelines.
● It contains an inquiry form using which individual students and high-level
organizations can apply for the courses, add their details, upload relevant
documents or add new inquiries without logging in.
● The wizard based inquiry form is pretty simple and allows the user to fill in
● In the inquiry form, the students can also apply for Recognition of prior
● The website facilitates our client to create new courses and provide relevant
details about the course expectation
The client needed an interactive platform for their students. The technical
team at Zelite Solutions suggested RA use ongoing trending technologies to
create different features and sections of the app.
The technology stack includes:
● ASP.Net, C#
● MS CRM
● MVC framework
● Web-API for integration with Payment Gateway
● MSSQL Server 2016 as backend
● jQuery/CSS/Bootstrap (Responsive)/HTML for design componentRA
We developed an application accessible to students, assessors, verifiers, the
client’s admin team, etc. The student portal contains the following features:
After the payment and course finalization, the student login is automatically
created, and related details are sent to the student. Similarly, the login for
verifiers and assessors is created.
The admin team is accountable for granting or revoking permissions to the
The student can access Student Portal – Custom Web Application anytime
and access the following features:
● Checking their profile
● Course Calendar
● Course Instructor Details
● Course Brief Details
● Add Leaves
● Payment Status
● Upload Documents of Prior Learnings
● Check Approved or Rejected Documents
● Course Certificates
● RPL Certificates
● Communicate with Admin or Instructor
● Communicate with the Assessor / Verifier
● Access Chat Functionality
Custom Web Application developed by Zelite Solutions gives students 24/7
access to all the details, history of courses applied, attended, finished and
much more. We implemented all the proposed features in 6 months and
successfully addressed the client’s requirements related to sales
management and the student portal.
Integrating Web App with Microsoft Dynamics CRM
After the custom web application, RA needed an integrator tool that sends
and receives data from the app to Microsoft Dynamics CRM in real time. To
help them with integration, Zelite developed Integrator Tool using C#.Net,
which integrates with the customer’s Learning Management System and ERP
software using their individually published APIs. This tool turned out to be an
excellent addition to their workflow. It communicates well with all different
applications and has the potential to integrate with the rest of the apps.
Following are the features implemented in Microsoft Dynamics CRM
● Interact on a real-time basis with the Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Custom
Web Application and Public facing Website via Microsoft Dynamics CRM API.
● The tool sends inquiry data to Microsoft Dynamics CRM and generates a
lead, and simultaneously checks if the student who is adding the lead is
present in the CRM. If an existing customer adds the lead, the Microsoft
Dynamics CRM Integrator tool creates the lead in the existing account.
● After lead generation and approval in Microsoft Dynamics CRM, the tool
creates the customer account in the Custom Web Application.
● The tool sends login credentials email to the account creator to log into the
● It collects data like Course details, schedules, instructor details etc., from a
student’s LMS, which is then synced with Microsoft Dynamics CRM and
Custom Web Application.
● Collects invoice and payment-related data from ERP and syncs the same
with Microsoft Dynamics CRM and students’ LMS.
● Able to send reminder or alert emails to the students regarding their
courses, attendance & payment status.
Student Login Dashboard
● Implementing solutions offered by Zelite helped RA streamline their sales
process with Microsoft Dynamics CRM and manage their massive student
data with Custom Web Application.
● Moreover, the students or the individuals who earlier wanted to get their
knowledge and experience recognized can now apply for RPL using the
Public Facing Website. The cycle of applying and getting RPL also got
● The regular email alerts and synchronized system feature allow the
management to check the entire sales-to-service cycle in one go.
● Reports developed in Power BI have allowed them to dive deep into the
data before making an informed decision