LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestras Condiciones de uso y nuestra Política de privacidad para más información.
LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestra Política de privacidad y nuestras Condiciones de uso para más información.
A planned program designed to
improve performance and to bring
social behavior of employees for
doing a particular job.
Introducing a new employee to the organization
and its procedures, rules and regulations.
Every new employee needs to be made familiar
with his job, his superiors and subordinates and
with the rules and regulations of the
The primary reason for orientation programs is
that the sooner employees know basic
information related to their job, the sooner they
can become productive.
– It also reduces their nervousness and
uncertainty, and leads to more satisfaction so
they are less likely to quit
• To increase the knowledge and skills
of an employee for improving
performance on the job.
• It may include
Informing about machine and its
Process of production
Methods to be used
• The purpose is to reduce accidents,
waste, and inefficiency in
• Training provided to
minimize accidents and
damage to the machinery
• It involves instruction in the
use of safety devices and in
• It involves training of
existing employees to
enable them to perform
higher level jobs.
• Employees with potential
are selected and are given
training before their
• To overcome the
shortcomings in the
behavior and performance
of old employees
• It may include unlearning
methods and techniques
• Should be conducted by
• Under this educational or
vocational institutes enter in an
arrangement with an industrial
enterprise for providing
practical knowledge to its
• The organization providing the
training may even absorb the
candidates post training
• Most common in all
• Process is fairly simple
• Skills training is done
for basic skills
• Training employees to
perform operations in areas
other than their assigned
• Job rotation can be used
for cross functional training
Team training throws light on:
• How members should communicate
with each other
• How they have to cooperate and get
• How they should deal with conflictful
• How they should find their way,
using collective wisdom
• Rapid changes in technology causes
Eg:- computerization in an
• Short term courses are conducted
for refresher training
• Training is done at regular intervals
• Training is conducted by outside
consultants or specialists.
• Diversity training considers all of the
diverse dimensions in the workplacerace, gender, age, disabilities,
lifestyles, culture, education, ideas
and backgrounds- while designing a
• It aims to create better cross cultural
• Aims to improve reading, writing,
speaking and arithmetic skills.
• Focuses on lower level employees.
• Literacy training focus on the basic
skills required to perform a job
adequately and capitalize on most
worker’s motivation to get help in
• Helps to establish ethical values.
• This training is included in a newly hired
employee’s orientation program.
• Part of an ongoing developmental training
• Provided to all employees as a periodic
reinforcement of ethical principles.