BATTERY POWER SYSTEMS
KAI VAN HARTEN
• What particular problem is being tackled?
• What solution is being proposed?
• What are the advantages of the solution?
• What are the disadvantages?
• How likely is solution to be implemented? Is there commercial interest in it?
Will people accept to buy it? Is it easy to implement?
WHAT PROBLEM IS BEING TACKLED?
• Storing Electricity (high efficiency storage systems)
• No consumption of Electricity by generating Electricity
• Secure and Independent power supply
• Increased Usefulness using this method
WHAT SOLUTION IS BEING PROPOSED ?
• About Energy Storage
• Energy storage became a dominant factor in economic development with the widespread introduction of electricity.
• Unlike other common energy storage in prior use such as wood or coal, electricity must be used as it is being
generated, or converted immediately into another form of energy such as potential, kinetic or chemical.
• Until recently electrical energy has not been converted and stored on a major scale, however new efforts to that
effect began in the 21st century.
• About the products for storage electrical energy
• The first products that can store the electrical energy were firstly founded and developed in Germany
• They were founded in 2011
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES?
• Reliable battery technology
• New processors for even more power
• Security of supply on a new level
• Standard connection possibility
WHAT ARE THE DISADVANTAGES?
• Very high price
• This technology is fairly new and recent
• Has very little market experience
• Innovative, henceforth creates competition
• A danger of potential chemical, electrical, and fire risks
• If not handled properly, malfunctions could occur (wires and interconnections)
HOW LIKELY IS SOLUTION TO BE IMPLEMENTED?
Is there commercial interest in it?
Will people accept to buy it?
Is it easy to implement? ✓