LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestras Condiciones de uso y nuestra Política de privacidad para más información.
LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestra Política de privacidad y nuestras Condiciones de uso para más información.
REUSING OLD ITEMS
A recycling project in the English Class
IES PEDRO ESPINOSA (ANTEQUERA)
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Santa Claus Decoration.......................... 1
Santa Paper rolls ................................... 2
Paper Christmas Tree ............................ 3
Recycled Paper Ornaments .................... 4
Christmas Wreath .................................. 5
Cristmas Tree ........................................ 6
Recycled Bell ......................................... 7
Christmas Bottle ................................... 8
CD Ornament......................................... 9
Christmas Balls ..................................... 10
Santa Claus ........................................... 11
Christmas Bells ..................................... 12
A different Christmas Wreath ................ 13
Star Ornaments ..................................... 14
Cork Christmas Tree .............................. 15
Decorated Plant Pot ............................... 16
Christmas Coaster ................................. 17
Nail File Ornaments ............................... 18
Santa Claus Decoration
Bored at home? Are you fed up of having useless cans and bricks?
So, I have the solution, our magic Santa Claus!!
A brick of milk
The inside back cover of a red notebook
The padding from broken furniture
The caps of little bottles
* The Sled
1. Take the brick of milk and cut and clean it.
2. Cut the inside back cover of the red notebook and stick the
pieces onto the sled-shaped brick of milk.
3. Take another piece of the inside back cover of the red
notebook and put it behind the sledge to form the rear.
* Santa Claus
1. Take the caps of the little bottles and stick them into a bigger
cap, both red if possible.
2. Stick the ‘head’ onto the can (the body) and stick the beard
3. Make the coat with the rest of the brick of milk and stick it into
the can and decorate it.
4. Use some of padding to make the knitted cap.
Note: Don’t forget to cut everything with the right measures.
Santa Paper Rolls
What’s better than reusing things that you have at home and you
don’t use anymore. Let’s make something with this, for example: a
Toilet paper rolls
Cloth, fabric or felt
Collect toilet paper rolls.
With paper, make a Santa Claus costume.
Paint its face
With fabric or felt make a hat.
Glue the hat to the body.
Note: you can also make the “Three Wise Men” using the same
instructions. In fact, you can make a whole Nativity Scene with the
Ricardo Beltrán Muriel
Paper Christmas Tree
This is a simple paper Christmas tree to decorate your bedroom,
home or your class.
Old magazine or newspaper
Collect an old magazine or an old newspaper.
Draw the contour of a Christmas tree.
Cut out the Christmas tree.
Notes: if you want, you can also paint the exterior of the Christmas
Juanjo Benítez Ardila
Recycled Paper Ornaments
What better source of ornaments than our rolls of kitchen paper! Let's
make some Christmas decorations from reused items!
Paper or cardboard
Paint or marker
If you use paint, you must use a paint brush
Search for cardboard or old paper you don't use.
Make lines separating every centimetre.
Paint the selected area without marking the lines previously made.
Cut along the lines.
Join the rings to form a ball with them.
Put a thread at the top of the ball.
Note: the balls make beautiful decorations in rooms or on a Christmas tree.
José María Calvano
Let’s make some Christmas decorations!
Two sheets of paper
Pieces of streamers for decoration
A piece of fabric
1. Fold the sheets of paper several times to form two large
2. Link the two papers with the adhesive ribbon.
3. Roll them with aluminum paper.
4. Link the pieces of streamers for decoration with the adhesive
5. Finally, make a loop at the top of the stream.
Note: It’s very easy to make and using only recycled materials! You
can hang it on your front door or in other part in your home.
Don't you have money for a Christmas tree? Here you are a great idea to
have a cheap one!
Paint can (for painting)
1. Obtain a plastic cup. You can find one in parties for example.
2. Collect Buttons.
3. Paint the plastic cup in green to make a tree.
4. Glue the buttons onto the plastic cup with celophane tape.
This Christmas tree is a great decoration if you don't have money to buy one.
Also, you can put a star on top to make it more like a true Christmas tree.
Recycled bell for Christmas
If you don´t have much money and you want something similar to a
bell for your bedroom or to hang it on the Christmas tree, here you
have a good option.
-A plastic cup
- A button
1. Take a plastic cup and cut it with the scissors.
2. Paint the cup in yellow with the paint brush and let it dry.
3. Make a little hole at the bottom of the cup with the needle, but be
careful, don´t hurt yourself!!
4. Introduce the piece of thread through the hole and tie it.
5. Tie the button at the end of the piece of thread.
6. Tie a red bow around the cup.
7. Hang it wherever you want.
Note: If you want you can change the colours and you can put the
needle into the bow so you can ensure it won´t untie
Alberto López Sánchez
If you want to decorate your home but you don´t want to pay too
much: let´s make a Christmas Bottle!
A Glass Bottle
A piece of paper
Plastic sheets from a Christmas tree.
1. Glue the plastic sheets from a Christmas tree at the bottom of
2. Fill the bottle with sugar.
3. With paper, cut out a star.
4. Draw a smile on the piece of paper.
5. Glue the piece of paper at the top of the bottle.
Note: You can cut the piece of paper into any shapes and you can
draw what you like on it.
What better source of ornaments than your old CDs! Let's make some
Christmas decorations from reused items!
1- Draw a design with a pencil.
2- With the scissors start to cut slow.
3-File the imperfections.
4- Place a thread through the hole and tie it.
Note: You have to be careful while you are cutting the CD because it's
easy to break.
Let's make some Christmas balls from reused items!
-Shoe box paper
1. Cut 1cm cardboard strips and paint them
2. Make balls from shoe box paper
3. Put the cardboard strips around de paper balls with glue
4. Paint the visible white areas
5. Add glitter with glue
Note: You can add other things like stickers, you can draw on the
cardboard strips and make it as colorful as possible for your
María Palomo Jiménez
What better source of ornaments than our own drawers! Let's make some
• Transparent paper
1. Fill two socks with rice and make two balls
2. Stick the balls together with thread
3. Wrap one ball with transparent paper
4. Stick the buttons on the face
5. Put a hat on the head and cotton balls on the face
6. Puttwo arms on the body
Note: The 'Santa Claus' also makes a beautiful home decoration. You can put
it on the table, under the tree or other places, making them very pretty. This is
a Santa Claus decoration!
These are fantastic Christmas bells, using only recycled materials.
✗Tree ornaments that you don't use
✗Ribbons to wrap presents.
✗Make one perforation at the bottom of the plastic cups.
✗Pass the ribbons through the perforations.
✗ Tie the ribbons at the end of the ornaments and put inside of
✗Frizzle what is left of the strips.
✗Glue the flower between the two plastic cups.
Note: The bells are very beautiful as Christmas decorations
and have a lot of Christmas spirit.
What better source of ornaments than our own drawers! Let’s make
a Christmas Wreath!
Take the necessary material.
Cut out a circle of paper.
Roll the papers in the form of a cone.
Glue the cones in a circle.
Putt he balls in the middle of the cones.
Glue the balls with silicone.
Note: The Christmas Wreaths are very beautiful and traditional at
Chrisrmas. Make your Christmas Wreath!
What better source of ornaments than our own home! Let’s make
some Christmas decorations from reused items!
1. Collect cardboard tubes.
2. Cut the tube into small rings.
3. Glue the rings.
4. Paint the stars with a brush.
5. Set on scrap paper (newspaper) to dry.
6. Tie thread at a corner.
Note: You can make stars of different sizes and colours. If you make
many stars, you get a very nice effect.
Cork Christmas tree
It’s a good idea for decorating your home cheaper than the things that
you can buy in the shops.
‐Paint one side of the corks.
‐Glue the corks together in the shape you want.
Note: This can be used as a Christmas tree decoration, or maybe only for
decorating your home.
Decorated Plant Pot
Christmas is coming, and there's nothing better to decorate your house
than our Christmas Plant Pot! Just take an old plant pot and use your
imagination to have the best ornament with only reused items!
1. Plant Pot
3. Paint brush
4. Glass beads
1. Choose some old plant pots.
2. Paint borders.
3. Take glitter and put in some parts of the plant pot.
4. Let it dry.
5. Put glass beads on it.
Note: They are very cool and fantastic for Christmas. You can make
some to decorate your house, and you can choose the colours and glass
beads that you like.
Have you noticed that you have lots of scratched CDs? Have you
noticed that you don´t have anything to put your cups on? We can
Pieces of different colored foam rubber.
A glue gun.
Imagination and patience.
1.- Trace the shape of the CD on three pieces of foam rubber.
2.- Cut two of them and stick them to both faces of the CD using
the glue gun
3.- Draw a Christmas star on the third shape and cut it out
4.- Stick the shape to a side of the coaster
Note: You can draw anything that you want. Let your
Nail File Ornaments
I've made this Christmas ornaments, a snowman and Santa
Claus with nail files, which I used to decorate the Christmas
tree and the rest of the house.
• Two nail files
• Old buttons
• Glue and scissors
• Pieces of old clothes
1. We takes nail files and paint them in different
colours(red, black, white..)
2. We stick the buttons on them.
3. We decorate them with pieces of old clothes.
4. We make a hole in the nail file and put a card throught
These ornaments are nice and easy to make. You
can also use ice cream sticks.