1. Anjali Nanda
Goal-oriented, results driven, analytical and innovative Business Analyst offering over 9 years of
working experience in various domains like Healthcare ,Retail and Banking and success leading all
phases of diverse projects with focus on understanding business logic, identifying business
requirements gathering, database design and development of Web Based, Insurance, processes,
Strategic Planning, and Systems Analysis.
SKILLS & ACCOMPLISHMENTS
• Hard working, positive thinking, self-starter who can work independently and in a team.
• Hands on experience in full Software Development Life Cycle (RUP, Waterfall, Spiral, Agile & other
SDLC implementation) and Project Management Life Cycle (PMLC).
• Expertise in writing Business requirements document, Functional Requirement Specifications,
Software Design Specification and Workflows.
• Strong research, analytical and problem solving skills and experience working under and meeting
• Created annual Marketing Effectiveness Dashboards using past and planned financial as well as
sales data, to measure direct sales efforts.
• Worked closely with Third Party Vendor to create, edit, finalize and obtain approval for the Citibank
Corporate Risk Third Party vendor project Statement of Work (SOW).
• Applauded for the ability to effectively facilitate the process of knowledge transfer between
business, technical and development teams.
• Meticulously performed Fit-Gap analysis, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), SWOT Analysis, Cost
Benefit Analysis, handled change requests and communicated them to senior management.
• Conducted walkthroughs, surveys, questionnaires, interviews, brainstorming and Joint
Application Development (JAD) sessions for conflict resolution.
• Experienced in ICD-10 migration projects; analyzed ICD-10 mapping tools and supported
health plans. Proficient in Web-Based Applications, Facets 4.41, 4.61, 4.71.
• Proficient understanding of broad range of health insurance products including Medicare, Medicaid
Health Insurance Policies, CMS-1500 claim forms and reimbursement forms.
• Familiarity with Health IT integration tools such as Cloverleaf.
• Hands-on experience in the design, development, implementation, and production activities
associated with X12 transaction sets (270 / 271, 834, 837 and 835).
• Involved in Test Plan creation, Test Preparation, Test Execution, Issue Resolution and Report
Generation to assure that all aspects of a project are in compliance.
• Working experience in Waterfall methodology as well as Agile and SCRUM.
TECHNICAL SKILL SET
Operating Systems Microsoft Windows 95/98/2000/NT/XP, Unix
Databases MS SQL Server 2000, MS Access, Oracle 9i/10G XE, IBM DB2
Statistical Tools SAAS, SPSS, Advanced Excel (Pivot Tables)
Languages PL/SQL, UML, HTML, XML
SDLC Methods Agile, RUP, Waterfall, V-Model, Spriral, SOA
Software MS Office Suite, MS Project, MS Visio, IBM Lotus Notes, SharePoint
Application Servers BEA Weblogic 6.1/8.1, Apache Tomcat 5.0, Websphere
Modeling & Designing
IBM Rational Rose, MS Visio, Toad, Erwin
Requirements Gathering &
Version Control Tools
IBM Rational Requisite Pro, IBM Rational ClearCase, Planview,
Testing Tools Load Runner 9.1, Mercury (Now HP) Quick Test Professional 9.0
IBM Rational ClearQuest, Bugzilla, Mercury (Now HP) Quality Center
2. CORE STRENGTHS
Leading/Motivating Technical Support Teams Operational Management
Program & Project Management Team Management & Mentoring
Resource Planning Supply-Demand Analysis
Process Optimization SDLC Implementation
Cross Functional Communication IT Best-Practices & Methodologies
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration. ITS, Mohan Nagar, INDIA.
• Master’s in Business Administration. ITS, Mohan Nagar, INDIA.
• Certified Business Analyst
• Certified Scrum Master
• Currently pursuing ITIL V3 foundation and PMP (PMBOK) certification.
Citibank N.A, Chicago, IL
Sr. Business Analyst/ Project Manager
Citibank offers Trading and Portfolio Management for individual, institutional investors, pension plans,
and hedge funds. Citibank’s currency offering, allows bank clients to trade spot, forwards and swaps for
over 100 currency pairs and crosses. The aim of the project was to re-design Customer Facing web-
based e-Commerce Application called Cit. FX Chief Dealer for executing Foreign Exchange
transactions to the Corporate Giants. . It also aimed at strong wholesale presence by using Web
Services such as ACH payment gateway and web based BPO (Business Process Outsourcing)
solutions. It also involved generating Reports such as contracts, profit reports, and internal
memorandums for the Front and Back offices.
• Sustained a strong working relationship with Global Project Team of 10+ members
• Successfully completed the project with A+ Customer Satisfaction Rating, Best User Experience
Application, and within Scheduled deadlines
• Supported specific Project Objectives by working closely with PMO Group and acted as a SME for
Parallel Ongoing Implementation
• Worked closely with Third Party Vendor to create, edit, finalize and obtain approval for the Corporate
Risk Third Party vendor project Statement of Work (SOW).
• Worked with Corp Risk Third Party Tech team and Operations to document SOW business
requirement for tracking vendor progress.
• Established and maintained Relationships with various business and technology groups necessary
for successful project development, implementation, and maintenance
• Conducted Project Kickoff meeting covering project Scope and Goals, performing Team
Introductions, reviewing roles and responsibilities and high level Project Plan
• Worked with the UI and Editorial Team to reduce the number of clicks and navigation for fastening
the transaction completion
• Performed Business Process Mapping (BPM) for change requests and new requirements
• Conducted Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions and interviewed Subject Matter Experts
(SME’s), asking detailed functionality aspects of Business Process (BPM) and carefully updating the
information to the requirements in an easily understandable format
• Served as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the Development Team and single point source for all
the questions regarding the Application Requirements
• Worked extensively with the UI Team to create Usable Help Text and System Error Messages
• Responsible for Gathering Requirements, writing BRD, Functional Specifications (FSD), and Use
Cases Document for the application
• Used AGILE methodology and coordinated with other members to implement the process and
create the following various agile artifacts scope statement: high-level requirements, Detail
Requirements (Use Cases), functional specification.
3. • Analyzed Requirement Document by identifying Ambiguous, Incomplete and Incorrect
requirements. Helped in developing Traceability Matrix
• Completed SOW Requirements Document for tracking vendor progress
• Designed UML Activity Diagrams and Data/Process Flow Diagrams using MS Visio
• Conducted Walkthroughs with Development Team and facilitated UAT with Stakeholders/Users
• Exceptional documentation skills that include creating Use Case diagrams, Activity diagrams
,Sequence diagrams, State diagrams based on UML Methodology, IRAAD, JRD, WBS, Test/UAT
cases, crosswalk, surveys, presentations, and business process flow diagrams using MS Visio.
Environment: IBM Mainframe, MS Project, MS Visio, MS FrontPage, MS Office, Web 2.0, e-Commerce,
API, CSS, UML, XML, EDI, AJAX, AGILE SCRUM, IBM Rational Suite, Load Runner, Oracle, UNIX,
Memorial Healthcare, Chicago IL
Aug 2011-June 2013
Sr. Business Analyst
• Worked with directors, SME’s and department heads to gather requirements and supported repo rting
needs based on the project scope.
• Worked on 834, 837 and 835 projects, including business rules for X12 HIPAA 4010 and 5010
validation for loops, segments, elements and code sets.
• Elicited and gathered business requirements through brainstorming and prototyping.
• Served as liaison between business and other departments such as IT, Finance and application
• Conducted feasibility study and performed GAP and Impact analysis for the proposed state.
• Conducted JAD sessions to allow different stakeholders to communicate their perspective with
each other, resolve any issues and come to an agreement quickly.
• Conducted walkthroughs with the different department heads to have a deeper understanding of
• Conducted surveys of health plans, Medicare & HEDIS to document encounter reports.
• Mapped out existing processes and worked with process improvement team to implement required
process improvement projects.
• Developed high-level design of new processes and graphically presented along with text based
requirements to IT management.
• Worked Cross-functionally with multiple stakeholders to assemble project teams, assign
responsibilities, identify appropriate resources, and develop schedules to ensure timely completion of
projects by meeting project milestones.
• Assisted the Senior Project Manager with creating detailed project plans and also in developing,
scheduling and tracking project timelines; assisted and performed all other duties as assigned.
• Conducted peer review meetings periodically to keep track of the project’s milestones.
• Implemented Traceability Matrix and User Requirement Specification Document (URS).
• Collaborated with the QA team to ensure adequate testing on software, maintained quality
procedures, and ensured that appropriate documentation was in place.
• Captured and assisted in formulation of Business Rules and delivery of Business Rules Templates.
• Actively participated in all software design, build, implementation, testing and maintenance phases.
• Strong project management skills including planning, scheduling and monitoring experience in
requirements gathering, cost-benefit analysis, GAP Analysis,root-cause analysis, Sensitivity
Analysis, Functional Design, QA Support, Data Support, Presentation skills, Training and
Environment: Microsoft Office Suite, GUI, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Visio, Oracle, SharePoint
4. NORDSTROM, Chicago, IL
Aug 2009 – Aug 2011
• Assisted in the creation of the vision document and the implementation of plan during the inception
phase by identifying key developmental steps for the system, describing tasks and primary
responsibilities, deliverables and key milestones.
• Assisted Project Manager to create Project Charter and set up rest of the team.
• Designed the Functional Specification Document (FSD) based on the project scope and SDLC
• Managed Project Schedule and conducted Project Status Review Meetings on timely basis.
• Conducted interviews and work sessions with stakeholders and business users to define, clarify
and gather requirements.
• Hands on experience in functional requirement documents and collection of functional requirement
from system users.
• Involved in Requirement Scoping and identifying high priority requirement for implementation.
• Discussed wire frames with the UI team regarding different controls on the pages
• Designed wireframesand interactive HTML prototypes for this E-commerce application
• Discussed with the Technical Architect the High-level design of the system and designed the Entity
Relationship Diagram (ERD) to give an outlook to the developers and the IT team members.
• Created Detailed Use Cases, Use Case Diagrams, and Activity Diagrams using MS Visio and MS
• Expert in tools such as WYSIWYG tools such as Dreamweaver, Adobe Photoshop, and Front
• Conducted JAD sessions with resolve issues and documented the minutes of the meeting.
• Reviewed use cases and other technical documents with IT project staff to ensure business
requirements are adequately reflected in Business Requirement Specifications.
• Managed UAT and beta testing cycles and provided post-production support managing defect tickets
• Maintained project plans using an ACCESS Database, tracked module changes via ENDEVOR and
provided production support
• Conducted Joint development sessions with the IT team and the business users
• Conducted feasibility analysis in correlation with the Developer to ensure the project was in scope
with the timeline defined in the Project Plan.
Environment: MS SQL server 2000, HTML, ASP.Net, MS Visio, Rational Requisite PRO, ColdFusion
shopping cart, Windows, MS Office suit.
Capital One Bank, Chicago, IL
June 2008- June - 2009
• Facilitated and Managed JAD sessions with Business Directors, IT Directors, Business & IT Project
managers, Developers and Testing Teams and other SMEs.
• Controlled procurement, sourcing, contract and resource management functions for high risk projects.
• Gathered requirements and created deliverables such as BRDs, FSDs, and Use-Cases.
• Validated technical designs created by developers against functional specifications
• Facilitated, coordinated & participated with other teams in approving the project plan.
• Constantly communicated with the off shore team through web conferencing; also responsible for
documenting their efforts and progress.
• Conducted research, prepared reports, and analyzed economic data to develop and shape business
5. • Analyzed business problems, and compile and report data as part of economic impact research.
• Collaborated as independent contributor with cross functional teams to implement strategies across a
product or market.
• Worked with iOS and LiMo team developing UI based applications.
• Involved in managing Mobile deployments while also ensuring security policies are enforced.
• Compatibility testing, Retesting, Regression Testing, Performance testing, Load testing and stress
testing in mobile handsets and web based applications.
• Prepared presentations of economic concepts and research results to non-specialist audience and
• Extensive use of Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and other MS Office products was required.
Environment: MS SQL server 2000, HTML, ASP.Net, MS Visio, Rational Requisite PRO, ColdFusion
shopping cart, Windows, MS Office suit, Rational Rose, Test director.
Client: All State Insurance, Northbrook, IL
Jan 2007 -June2008
• Identified processes for developing and documenting detailed business requirements. Data was
collected from end-users, and analysts.
• Created Use-Cases and Requirements documents to document business needs.
• Requirements were gathered through interactions and meetings and periodic walkthroughs with loan
analysts, credit analysts and other potential users of the application.
• Conducted Use-Case reviews and identified gaps, leading to improvements/enhancements in the
• Created and maintained the Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM).
• Worked on Guide wire, extensively worked on Guide wire Policy center & Guide wire Claim Center
• Used Guide Wire software to track the claims of the policyholders. .
• Ensured Use-Cases were consistent and covered all aspects of the Requirements document.
• Maintained documents and the effect of proposed changes on the project schedule and costs.
• Responsible for setting up meetings between All State Insurance and clients to discuss about XML
schema negotiation and in coordinating XML integration issues.
• Worked directly with software engineers to ensure clear communications on requirements and defect
• Designed and developed scenarios based on business requirements.
• Developed requirements integrating E-R diagrams and designed the testing process flows.
• Followed the RUP methodology for the entire SDLC.
• Used the guidelines and artifacts of the Rational Unified Process (RUP) to strategize the
implementation of Rational Unified Process effort in different iterations and phases (Inception,
Elaboration, Construction and Transition) of the Software Development Life Cycle.
• Interacting with other teams through walkthroughs, teleconferences, meetings, etc. to resolve various
• Validated the scripts to make sure they have been executed correctly and meets the scenario
Environment: Windows2000, Rational Rose, Guide wire, Rational Unified Process, Rational Clear Quest,
Oracle, and Microsoft Project 2000.
Client: The OHIO Casualty Insurance Company, OH
Duration: May 2005 – Dec 2006
Role: Business Analyst
• Maintained a traceability matrix for all requirements and mapping to various Data Reporting Manuals,
6. • Analyzed standard industry practices of back office applications of Insurance Company, underwriting,
billing, policy and claims administration with the help of Subject Matter Expert.
• Examined various bottlenecks and points for automation to streamline the claims processing,
underwriting and pre- and post-sales process.
• Processing of New Business, Renewal, Cancellation, Reinstatement, Billing for various lines of
business (Fire, Auto, Commercial)
• Involved in Logical & Physical Data Modeling. Database Schema design and modification of Triggers,
Scripts, and Stored Procedures in Sybase Database Servers.
• Conducted Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with IT groups. Identified the Key Changes,
and participated in Stakeholder Management to communicate effectively with them
• Conducted JAD sessions with CRM SMEs, system architects, technical teams and other stakeholders
for open and pending issues.
• Upgraded the existing Test Scripts and created new scripts for client application to be able to work for
new versions and patches, which improved product quality.
• Coordinated re-architecting the existing VBA/Access system into ASP.net environment and existing
table structure, stored procedures, and functions in MS SQL environment.
• Designed and developed Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, OOD using UML
• Provide customer service and support for Property & Casualty risk management needs
Environment: Windows, MS Office(MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Visio), Guide Wire, .NET,
Oracle, Oracle, Java, J2EE, RUP, UML, SQL, SWOT analysis, GAP Analysis, Win Runner.