3. HUMAN HEART
• Heart is a muscular organ
• Heart is the centre of blood circulatory system
• The heart pumps blood to all parts of the body
• The heart is located in the thoracic cavity
medial to the lungs and posterior sternum
• The heart contain four chambers
4. PECULIARITIES OF HUMAN HEART
• The size of heart is one’s hand fist
• Heart is protected inside the thorax by ribs
• Lungs is present on the either side of the heart
• Covered with a double membrane called
• Human heart contain four chambers the right
atrium, left atrium, right ventricle and left
6. HEART CHAMBERS OF OTHER
• Earthworm consist of five pairs of lateral heart
• The heart of cockroach is thirteen chambered
• Fish has two chambered heart
• Three chambered heart is present in lizards
• Crocodile has four chambered heart and birds
also have four chambered heart
7. RHYTHM OF THE HEART
• The heart of a human embryo begins to beat
from the 22 days old
• The heart beats stops only with death
• The heart normally beats 72 times per minute
• To measure heart rate, simply check using
9. FUNCTION OF THE HEART
• Heart pumps blood to all parts of the body
• Heart transport blood to all parts of the body
and from all parts of the body to heart
• Heart purifies the blood
10. PROTECTION OF HEART
• Eat healthy food
• Avoid smoking and alcoholism
• Manage blood pressure
• Maintain a healthy weight
• Proper exercise
11. REVIEW QUESTIONS
• What are peculiarities of human heart?
• What is the function of human heart?
• What are the measures taken to protect heart?
• Which device is used to know heart beat?
• What is the role of heart in circulation?
• What are the speciality of birds heart?
12. FOLLOW UP ACTIVITES
• Identify preliminary information related to the
importance and working of heart?
• Make a model of the heart and explain its