• The skills usually associated with managing and
living a better quality of life.
• Life skills help to accomplish one’s own
ambition and live in full potential.
• Life skills help people to make decisions,
communicate effectively, developing
management skills, that help them to lead a
healthy and productive life.
• Life skills are skills that equip people to deal
effectively with the demands and challenges of
every day life. It helps the people to cope with the
• Some skills are self directed and some are
directed towards others.
• Certain life skills may be more or less relevant to
one depending on one’s life circumstances,
culture, beliefs, age, geographic location etc…
• Life skills are the skills we need to deal
effectively with the challenges in everyday
life, whatever at school, at work or in our
• The concept life skills is also termed as
LIFE SKILL EDUCATION
Life skill education is an essential component of
promoting healthy and socially individuals.
Such education is essential to enable the individual
to cope with difficulties in decisions, solving
problems, thinking critically and creatively,
building and maintaining healthy relationships
through effective communication etc…
To enhance capabilities and enlarge choice.
It empowers the youth to act responsibly, take
initiative and take control.
IMPORTANCE OF LIFE SKILL EDUCATION
It promotes the development of positive self
esteem and teaches anger control.
It delays onset of the abuse of tobacco,
It promotes positive social norms that impact
the adolescent health services, schools and
It helps in the development of social competence
and problem solving skill, which in turn help
adolescents to form their own identity.
Healthy development of social and emotional