LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestras Condiciones de uso y nuestra Política de privacidad para más información.
LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestra Política de privacidad y nuestras Condiciones de uso para más información.
Smartcard Enrolment to External IP
Reader via Access Manager
Smartcard Currently Supported
1. External IP reader
2. Access Manager
3. Smart Card (e.g. Mifare)
This guide is to help users to enrol smartcard without any other tools aside from the
External IP reader and Access Manager via Data import function.
Every Smartcard supplier has its own distinct Card ID number where ACTAtek captured the
whole data of the card i.e CSN (Card Serial Number) This includes the Even and Odd parity,
facility code and CID/CSN.
Below is the a sample guide on how to enrol the Smartcard
(This guide uses Mifare card for demo purpose only)
This require TCP/IP connection using your PC/Laptop and External IP reader via crossover
cable connection. IP settings can be downloaded on this link
1. After setting up the connection and into your browser, key –in the <exterlIPreader IP
2. Then log in user “A999” Password”1”, User level “Super Admin”
3. Enable the “Log Unauthorised Event” by selecting “Enable” then click submit (see below)
4. Make sure you have all the cards physically. In order to get all the information especially
the Card Serial Number. Tap all the cards one-by-one to get all the information on the event
log (see below). Make sure to label each card after scanning in order to know which one
came first then followed by the rest of the card.
5. Once all the card are being captured on the event log. Then copy all the information and
transfer it to your excel spreadsheet or to your notepad. Then filter only those card serial
number (see below)
6. After getting all the information, you can create now your User ID, First Name etc. along
with assigned card serial number on the Excel spreadsheet (see below). Then save it as a
CSV format (sample “Book1.csv”. )
7. After saving all the data into CSV format. Then go to your Access Manager. Make sure
that your External IP reader is registered and connected to your Access Manager. After
settings and registration has been done. Proceed to Access Manager>Utilities>Data Import.
Then locate for the file “Book1.csv” to load.
8. Then after loading the data. The sample should be same as below.
9. Go to Data Mapping to place all the field assigned specially the card serial number. And
check those boxes that are required such as “active” ,“smartcard” , Departments and
Groups. (see below)
10. Assigning all users into Department e.g. General
11. Assign all users into Group e.g. General (General Staff). After checking all those required fields.
You can check “overwrite Existing” to avoid duplication. Then click on import by selecting [Import]
12. After Import, the page will refresh and will show that all users are being imported. Then External
IP reader will be on system maintenance mode with its 3 LED (red,green & orange) will light all
together with 2 beeps due to synchronization between the Access Manager.
13. To view all the user are being imported on the Access Manager. Go to your Access
Manager>User Management>View/EditUser to verify whether all users are all imported or any user
being deleted due to duplicate ID’s. (see below sample)
Or you can view the user on the External IP reader by going to User Administration>View User (see
14. After confirming that all the users and Smart card are properly imported, you can test the card if
it can be recognised by tapping it into the External IP reader. See below event logs that shows all
card are being accepted by the reader.
Note: This method can be used as an alternative to enrol the smartcard with its users ID without the
use of Desktop Registration Software and Actatek 3. Also this can support all smart card model such
as Mifare, EM, Prox, iClass and CEPAS.