LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestras Condiciones de uso y nuestra Política de privacidad para más información.
LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestra Política de privacidad y nuestras Condiciones de uso para más información.
• Vertebrates are animals with endoskeletons• Fish, frogs, snakes, birds, dogs and humans are all vertebrates, or animals with backbones.• 5% of animal species are vertebrates.• Vertebrate animals have muscles, digestive system, respiratory system, circulatory system, and a nervous system with sensory organs.• The characteristic that distinguishes vertebrates from other animals is the endoskeleton, internal support system that grows along with the animal.• Endoskeleton: Allow more ﬂexibility and ways of moving.• Vertebrates: Name for specialized bone called the vertebrate.• Vertebrate is also called the backbone.• Other bones such as ribs and skull protect organs such as heart, lungs, and brain.
• Most vertebrates are ﬁsh.• Fish are the most diverse group of vertebrate animals.• More than 20,000 species of ﬁsh.• Fish that live in water where sunlight does not penetrate need special organs to help them ﬁnd food.• Most ﬁsh have an organ called a swim bladder, which allows them to control the depth at which they ﬂoat.• Fish have sensory organs for taste, sound, and odor.• They have a sensory system unlike that of other vertebrates, an organ called a lateral line, allows ﬁsh to sense vibrations from objects nearby.• Fish remove oxygen form water with specialized respiratory organs called gills.• The gills are usually located on the side of their head.• In the gills oxygen dissolved by water moves into the ﬁshes blood.
• Fish can be classiﬁed in 3 groups.• Jawless ﬁsh, cartilaginous ﬁsh and bony ﬁsh.• Jawless ﬁsh: Have tube shaped bodies, they dont have a stomach, they have no jaw bones, they dont have teeth and can not chew.• Jawless ﬁsh eat by biting into another animals body and sucking out ﬂesh and ﬂuids.• Cartilaginous ﬁsh: Their skeletons are made of ﬂexible tissue called cartilage.• This groups includes sharks, rays and skates.• Rays are ﬂat bodied ﬁsh that live most of their life on the ocean ﬂoor.• Whale sharks and basking sharks feed by ﬁltering small organisms from the water as they swim.• Bony ﬁsh: They have bony skeletons and are covered with scales.• 96% of ﬁsh are bony ﬁsh.• Scales: Overlapping bony structures on most ﬁshes bodies.• They have jaws teeth and several pairs of ﬁns.• The colors and body shapes of bony ﬁsh are adapted to their environment.
• Most young ﬁsh develop inside an egg.• most ﬁsh species reproduce sexually.• A female ﬁsh releases the eggs into the water and a male will fertilize them• After the eggs are fertilized, the parent ﬁsh leaves the egg to develop and hatch on their own.• For sharks, the food supply is called the yolk and the protective covering is called the egg case.• Most ﬁsh eggs are surrounded by a soft egg case to let water pass through.
• What is an animal with an endoskeleton?• A. Selena Gomez• B. Lizard• C.Vertebrate• D. Invertebrate
• What are most vertebrates?• A. Dogs• B. Fish• C. Adam Sandler• D. Birds
• True or False, most ﬁsh reproduce sexually.• A. True• B. False• C. Oprah
• True or False, 50% of ﬁsh are bony ﬁsh.• A. True• B. False
Guarda las diapositivas más importantes con los recortes.
Los recortes son una forma práctica de recopilar y organizar las diapositivas más importantes de una presentación. Puedes guardar tus magníficos descubrimientos en tableros de recortes organizados por temas.