2. What is financial planning? Financial planning is a process that provides a client with impartial assistance in analyzing and organizing personal financial affairs in order to achieve financial and lifestyle goals.
4. Who created Financial Planners Standards Council? Created as a result of the initiative of organizations whose members deal with the personal finances of individuals.
12. The Financial Planning Process Financial planning consists of six distinct steps. Understanding what they entail and finding out if your planner understands how to use them to develop the best plan for you will help you determine if you are receiving the guidance you should expect. -Six Distinct Steps-
26. How do I find a CFP licensee? CFP licensees work in various sectors of the industry. To make your job easier, FPSC maintains a database of CFP licensees and their particular expertise.
27. Where do CFP licensee’s work? Bank/ Trust Company/ Credit Union 22.8 Mutual Fund Company 8.7% Securities/ Brokerage 5.8% Accounting Firm 8.8% Insurance Company 10.4% Financial Planning Firm 38.9% Other 4.6%
32. Where is the CFP designation recognized? United Kingdom Germany South Korea Japan Malaysia New Zealand Australia South Africa Switzerland United States Singapore Canada France Hong Kong