LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestras Condiciones de uso y nuestra Política de privacidad para más información.
LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestra Política de privacidad y nuestras Condiciones de uso para más información.
• The pilgrims :
- Sailed on the Mayflower ship & landed on Plymouth -
- Failed to survive the 1st few months in their new home.
• Native people helped the pilgrims taught the settlers how to grow
corn & other crops to survive
• 12/1621: the Pilgrims held a three-day feast in Plymouth Rock &
invited native people to celebrate their successful harvest.
- Decorate homes with wreaths, fresh & dried flowers.
- Light lamps to brighten the environment.
- Tables are adorned with best china and antique silver
cutlery to mark the occasion.
- Autumn colors of orange, red, brown, and yellow are
often used in table or door decorations, along with dried
flowers, colorful gourds and “Indian corn.” All of these
items represent the harvest and the fall season.
• Cornucopia (horn of plenty): One of the
most recognizable symbols of
• A decorative motif, originating in ancient
Greece, symbolizes abundance.
• A horn-shaped container, it is filled with
abundance fruits and grains.
2. Giving thanks
• In celebrations at home: begin Thanksgiving
dinner by saying grace - a prayer to express
appreciation to God, to ask for God’s blessing.
• Show gratitude to friends, relatives, & colleagues:
send loving messages & warm wishes through
For each new morning with its light,
For rest and shelter of the night,
For health and food,
For love and friends,
For everything Thy goodness sends
Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-1882)
* Dear Aryaman,
Thanks so much for being there on my side and
supporting me all through. Without you my life
would have been incomplete.
* Dear Mummy and Papa
You are the best parents any child can
Thanks for being our parents.
Arpit and Dolly
• In N.Y: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade is held annually
every Thanksgiving Day
+ Televised nationally by NBC.
+ Features: moving stands with themes, scenes from
Broadway plays, large balloons & high school marching
The Santa Claus float ends the Macy's Parade :
unofficially signifies that the Christmas season has begun.
• Also appear in many other cities : Chicago, Illinois,
Plymouth, Massachusetts, St. Louis, Missouri.
• Famously known for its policy of going on under any
circumstance or condition.
“Black Friday", the day after Thanksgiving: starts The
American winter holiday season (= Christmas
A lot of football games are played & watching them is
a popular activity.
• Sending them to retirement on a farm rather
than to a dinner table
• Beginning in the mid-20th century and
perhaps even earlier, the president of the
United States has “pardoned” one or two
Thanksgiving turkeys each year, sparing the
birds from slaughter and sending them to a
farm for retirement.
• Volunteering is a common Thanksgiving Day
activity, and communities often hold food drives
and host free dinners for the less fortunate
• In the Thanksgiving spirit of sharing, it is common
today for civic groups and charitable
organizations to offer traditional Thanksgiving
meals to those in need, particularly the homeless.
Communities take up food drives for needy
families during the holiday.
Hungry diners line up outside a church
for a free Thanksgiving meal