1. Demonstrate knowledge of and the ability to solve problems involving
ratios, rates, proportions, percent’s, and measurement conversions.
2. Demonstrate knowledge and usage of formulas.
3. Demonstrate knowledge of and the ability to solve linear equations and
4. Demonstrate knowledge of and the ability to calculate and simplify
expressions containing exponents and numeric square roots.
5. Demonstrate knowledge of and the ability to perform algebraic
manipulations involving polynomials, polynomial operations, and basic
6. Demonstrate the use of critical thinking skills to problem solve.
1. Demonstrate knowledge of and the ability to perform
algebraic manipulations with radicals, complex numbers,
polynomials, and rational expressions.
2. Demonstrate knowledge of and the ability to solve
quadratic equations, absolute value equations and
inequalities, and systems of linear equations.
3. Demonstrate the use of critical thinking skills to solve
1. Demonstrate improvement in skills needed for
success in …whatever the lab is attached to.
2. Demonstrate improvement in learning strategies
that lead to persistence and success in mathematics.
10. Up to the Institution.
Based on Mat 050 starting at the end of Mat 060 we
will need to include:
Order of Operations
11. Cut scores where not addressed in our meetings.
Pearson will be creating new placement exams.
The new cut scores should be available in a year.
12. The CIT will:
Develop sample curriculum, create curriculum with the
help of other faculty (Jen) and choose suggested
materials for the courses.
Gather and critique Open Educational Resources (OER)
lessons and submitting curriculum to OER repositories.
Create and present professional development activities.
Present different delivery methods.
13. The CIT still has much work to do, but the
competencies for the new courses are essentially
Now your work begins.
14. Creative Commons Attribution
Unless otherwise specified, this work by the Colorado Community College System http://www.cccs.edu is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 United States License. The material was created with funds
from the Trade Adjustment Assistance Community College and Career Training (TAACCCT) Grant awarded to the Colorado
Online Energy Training Consortium (COETC).