2. The selfie has rapidly gained in popularity
to become one of the leading forms of
digital storytelling this decade.
3. Tim Stock and Marie Luna Tupot argue that
selfies fall into 4 categories:
1. Selfie as swagger
2. Selfie as ritual
3. Selfie as story
4. Selfie as shared experience
Tim Stock and Marie Luna Tupot,
“Analyzing Selfies: Culture Mapping the Meaning and Evolution of Selfie Shots”
11. 5 groups (5 people per group)
• Go to the website you’ve been assigned and
– What kind of stories can you tell with this tool?
– Give us an example of it being used.
– Can you give use an example or two of
applications you can see for this tool in your own
20. 7 Elements of Digital Storytelling (Center
for Digital Storytelling)
1. Point of View
What is the perspective of the author and how is the story told?
2. A Dramatic Question
A key question that keeps the viewer's attention and will be explored (possibly
answered) by the end of the story.
3. Emotional Content
A personal and powerful transformation that connects audience to story.
Personalizes the story and helps the audience understand the context.
5. The Power of the Soundtrack
Music or other sounds that support and enhance the story.
Using just enough content to tell the story without overloading the viewer.
The rhythm of the story and how slowly or quickly it progresses.
21. 50 sites and apps for digital storytelling: