LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestras Condiciones de uso y nuestra Política de privacidad para más información.
LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestra Política de privacidad y nuestras Condiciones de uso para más información.
We established Four District Committees in June 2014 - Batley and Spen; Dewsbury and Mirfield; Huddersfield and Kirklees Rural They have retained the same responsibilities as old Area Committees but we made a commitment at Council to give more responsibility to District Committees in the future. I set up a cabinet working group to come up with a set of proposals and these are being presented today for discussion
As you can see the proposals in the report will:
Enhance the role of district councillors in influencing council wide planning – Promote better community engagement and the involvement of residents in decision Give you a platform to influence cabinet priorities about assets and services in your patch Understand the services in your area better and influence the way in which officers deliver these.
Michael Greene will talk through the report in a little more detail
Consultation Will be a focal point for strategic consultation Will feed in local views and intelligence to help shape council wide planning i.e. –Waste and recycling Will challenge performance to ensure they get the best outcomes for their district
Prioritisation Doomsday book District Committees to provide Cabinet with recommendations on assets, services and resources that need prioritising in their district District Committees work with partners to unlock and maximise local resources
Influence A new relationship Using intelliegnce, data, service pressures and local knowledge District Committees will influence universal services (those services visible to the wider community) in their area. Examples of this could include street cleaning; maintenance of smaller parks and play areas and grass cutting
Huddersfield District Committee
A new way of working
• Kirklees Council has to change the way it delivers
services to respond to reductions in public spending.
– Individuals and communities are supported to do more to
– District Committees working with partners and the community
to make the most of the resources that are available locally.
– Resources and services are aligned to respond to local
From April 2015 – a new role
for District Committees
• Enhanced role in influencing council wide planning
• Enhanced community engagement and
• Making recommendations to Cabinet on
prioritising services and assets in their district
• Influencing how services and resources are better
aligned to local needs
Three tiers of devolution
- consider all these
things and propose
how services are
Community capacity and skills
District Plan – Plan of Place
Underpinned by Councillor led community engagement and Council strategies
• Existing District Committee revenue
budget. Committee decides how this will
• 10% of New Homes Bonus. Proposals to
Working at a local level
• Opportunities to work flexibly i.e. across
ward boundaries and create new
• Piloting approaches to new ways of
• Consultation on proposals - October to December 2014
• Council to consider the outcome of the consultation and
agree a way forward - December 2014
• Council agree budget - February 2015
• District Committees presented with information to provide
the basis for the Plan of Place - March 2015 onwards
• District Committees begin process of influencing service
delivery - May 2015
• District Committees to present Plan of Place to Cabinet -
• What do you think about the devolution
approach that is being proposed?
• What do you see as:
– The opportunities of the proposed
– The challenges and how they might be
Guarda las diapositivas más importantes con los recortes.
Los recortes son una forma práctica de recopilar y organizar las diapositivas más importantes de una presentación. Puedes guardar tus magníficos descubrimientos en tableros de recortes organizados por temas.