• Jamaica's rich history stretches back beyond the 15th century, and includes the settlements of
the gentle Arawak Indians (who named the island Xaymaca), Spanish mariners, English
conquerors, and Asian migrants, all of whom added to the multi-ethnic heritage of this
Caribbean island. Modern Jamaica is the land of reggae and rum, wearing a mantle of
roughshod romance that attracts travelers the world over looking to escape the routine of daily
life. The landscape is a mosaic of palmed golden beaches and a beautiful mountainous interior.
• Once the crown jewel of the British sugar empire, its coastal plains and lofty jungles are still
dotted with colonnaded mansions, thriving plantations, and ruins of others that did not survive
the slave rebellions. Many of the remaining mansions are now opulent inns flanked not only by
the sugar fields, but also by golf courses, while the beaches that once harbored ruthless,
notorious pirates now harbor vacationers seeking the perfect tan. And you'll note that music is
the heartbeat of Jamaica; nearly everywhere you go you feel its rhythm pulsing through the air,
the marketplaces, through the locals and, soon enough, through you. For vacationers with a
free and festive spirit, Jamaica is your place to shine!
5. Negril, Jamaica
• Situated along Seven Mile Beach, this is one of the best strands
of sandy beach on the island, and is known for its carefree
atmosphere. The pace is slow and laidback. Still, there has been
a boom in hotel construction that converted Negril from a hippie
hideaway in the 60s and early 70s into a mainstream tourist
destination good for families, singles, and couples alike.
• Visit Rick’s Café and watch the cliff divers or give it a try yourself.
• Taste authentic Jamaica jerk chicken at roadside jerk shack.
• Visit one of the beach bars and dance the night away.
• About an hour from airport in Montego Bay.
7. Couples Negril
• 4.5 Star Resort
• With an emphasis on romance and relaxation, this adults-only resort
blends gracious amenities and bold bohemian styles to create an
inspired island oasis. Catering exclusively to couples, it features eclectic
yet chic guestrooms, an alluring full-service spa, a dynamic offering of
restaurants, enjoyable bars including a popular piano bar and a variety
of included activities and excursions such as shopping in Negril and
glass-bottom boat cruises.
• Couples Negril is situated on 18 acres facing the crescent shaped Bloody
Bay on 1,000 feet of white sand beach, Couples is five miles from Negril-
a small fishing village and fifty miles from Donald Sangster International
Airport in Montego Bay (a one hour drive).
12. Couples Negril
• Two pools
• Four Jacuzzis
• Private beach section for au naturel sunbathing
• Tennis courts with lights, complimentary lessons
• Unlimited golf (transfers and green fees included. Caddy mandatory at a nominal charge)
• Fitness center with state-of the art cardio and weights.
• Dance classes
• Classes include spinning, aerobics, yoga, Pilates and more provided by certified professionals from
Fit Bodies, Inc.
• Guided nature walks
• Water Skiing
• Glass-bottom boat tour
• Sunset bar trip
• Catamaran cruise
• Shuttle to Margaritaville
• Shopping excursions to downtown Negril
– No additional cost
18. Couples Negril
• CASSAVA TERRACE (BREAKFAST/LUNCH/DINNER)
–Open air dining at its most delicious. Breakfast features an array of fresh fruits, freshly
baked breads and pastries, and made to serve omelets. For lunch and dinner, the salads
and fresh seafood are a must.
• BEACH GRILL (LUNCH) HELICONIA (DINNER)
–Feast on casual fare featuring grills, salads and Jamaica delights’ during the day and
sample grilled specialties and Mediterranean cuisine at night, under the stars.
• LYCHEE (DINNER)
–Experience a taste of Asian served in a casual chic ambiance. With a view to the open
kitchen, watch the chefs create your favorite dishes.
• OTAHEITE (DINNER)
–Otaheite, named after the Jamaican apple, denotes the quintessentially authentic
Caribbean dining experience in an intimate and elegant setting.
21. Couples Negril
• Swim-Up Pool Bar- Catch some rays and quench your thirst island style. Located centrally in the middle of the
property, the swim-up pool bar is a favorite amongst many guests. Overlooking the beach and the welcome
building, this bar is widely considered the main hub of the resort. The fashionable tiki hut offers the perfect
place to grab a drink and stay cool.
• Beach Bar Flag Service- No need to get up to get your drinks! Guests can stick a flag provided by the property in
the sand while lounging on the beach and have the bar staff bring over their order.
• Beach Bar- Thirsty beachgoers can catch a little shade at the beach bar while filing up their cups with island
specialties. Enjoy the ocean breeze and the beautiful curvature of the famous seven-mile-beach.
• Fruit and Veggie Bar- Delight with the fresh juice of the day, fruit smoothies, veggie dips and delectable healthy
salads and sandwiches.
• The Terrace Bar- Guests can find refuge from the sun in an open-air patio at The Terrace Bar. Pick up a Rum
Runner or boost your energy with a fruit smoothie. Catch show time every night at 9pm or enjoy a cocktail while
listening to the bartender’s stories. Either way, this bar is certain to promote a carefree atmosphere.
• Piano Bar- Visit a jazzy place with a chill ambiance. Pull up a seat and join in the fun! Guests are invited to grab
a drink and listen to the phenomenal live music performances or test their musical knowledge in a name that
song game. Enjoy martini hour on Sundays at 6:30pm or indulge in a Wine & Cheese Cocktail Party on Tuesdays
at 6:30pm. Sing your heart out at our sing-a-longs on Sunday, Monday or Friday at 10pm or Karaoke on
Wednesdays at 10pm. If dancing is more your style, break out your moves at the dance party every Tuesday and
Saturday at 10pm.
24. Couples Negril
• Deluxe Ocean View
• Featuring sliding glass doors that open onto private
furnished balconies, the Deluxe Ocean guest rooms
offer partial ocean views. These accommodations are
located in easy proximity to the beach on blocks 5
• King bed
• Personalized mini-bar
27. Couples Negril
• Deluxe Beachfront
• Located in the heart of the resort and offering the
closest access to the beach, the Deluxe Beachfront
guest rooms have sliding glass doors onto private
furnished balconies with angled views of the
Caribbean. They are located on three floors on blocks
1, 5, 6 & 9.
• King bed
• Personalized mini-bar