•Explain the properExplain the proper
storage of wines.storage of wines.
•Match the wines with itsMatch the wines with its
proper use.proper use.
•Appreciate the importanceAppreciate the importance
of proper selection, andof proper selection, and
storage of winesstorage of wines
6. • Banquet -Banquet - a formal Dinnera formal Dinner
for many people usually tofor many people usually to
celebrate a special eventcelebrate a special event
• Canapés –Canapés – a kind ana kind an
Difficult Terms:Difficult Terms:
• Match the picture of the wine with the picture
which shows its proper use.
• Discuss your ideas with the group.
• Choose two representatives to share to the
class what you have come up.
• After three (3) minutes of group discussion,
each group will be called simultaneously to
post the pictures on the board.
• Work silently!
11. • Place wines in a horizontalPlace wines in a horizontal
position to remain its airtightposition to remain its airtight
by keeping the cork moist.by keeping the cork moist.
• Storage should be away fromStorage should be away from
light and vibration.light and vibration.
Storing WinesStoring Wines
15. White Dinner Wine - Used asWhite Dinner Wine - Used as
accompaniment when the main dish isaccompaniment when the main dish is
white meat, poultry, or seafood. Idealwhite meat, poultry, or seafood. Ideal
storing temperature falls between 10 °Cstoring temperature falls between 10 °C
– 13 °C.– 13 °C.
White WineWhite Wine
16. Red Dinner Wine. Used as accompaniment whenRed Dinner Wine. Used as accompaniment when
the main dish is red meat, pasta, or seasonedthe main dish is red meat, pasta, or seasoned
food. Ideal storing temperatures falls betweenfood. Ideal storing temperatures falls between
13°C – 16 °C. Corked wines should be placed13°C – 16 °C. Corked wines should be placed
horizontally to keep the cork moist.horizontally to keep the cork moist.
Red WineRed Wine
17. • Dessert Wine - Used to be servedDessert Wine - Used to be served
after dinner and dessertafter dinner and dessert
Dessert WineDessert Wine
• On a ½ sheet of paper,On a ½ sheet of paper,
list the different types oflist the different types of
glasses used inglasses used in
bartending and therebartending and there