LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestras Condiciones de uso y nuestra Política de privacidad para más información.
LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestra Política de privacidad y nuestras Condiciones de uso para más información.
Andrew Goodwin’s Theory:
Adele ‘rolling in the deep’
1. Relationship between lyrics and
• In this video there is not a strong link between
lyrics and visuals. This is because the video is
• The exception to this is the occasional drum
hitting when the performer says “to the beat”
2. Relationship between music and
• Here the video is amplified based. At the start,
as the one beat starts, the water in the glasses
begin to shake in sync.
• During the chorus, the
music is at its most
energetic and the editing
features many short cuts.
The dancer also moves
more in corrolation to the
change in pace of music.
3. Music videos demonstrate genre
• Multiple short cuts present
• Female singer performer (Adele)
• Contrast between colour over saturation and
black and white e.g Adele’s red hair and her
• Bright lighting on set.
4. Record label getting close ups of
artist to develop motif
• Adele’s Motif portrayed here is to look upset
but also fiery. We can see here that her facial
expression are in coherence to her visual style
in all her work.
• The video objectifies the performer in sense
as she is expected to wear feminine clothes
and makeup, which suggests that the shots of
her are there to simply show an attractive.
• However this video does mostly the opposite
as the performer is shown as empowering to
women and does not focus on specific body
parts. This therefore challenges the voyeurism
commonly found in the media today.
• The dancer in the video is wielding
and object which is suggested to
be a weapon by the way it is used.
This dancer could be a reference
to many action films featuring a
• Briefly, artwork on a wall is seen
featuring a character from ancient
Greek myth, This reference
symbolises Adele empowerment
he is trying to convey in her motif.