1. Intro to Business Exercise 5.0
1. What is the difference between performance behavior and corporate citizenship
behavior? Explain with suitable examples.
2. Samuel, the manager of your department, is mentally disturbed. He enjoys
bullying his male subordinates and is known to have sexually harassed all the
female workers under his supervision. Discuss TWO (2) negative consequences
on the department and company if action is not taken against him.
3. What are the Big 5 personalities? Are these personality traits trainable? Why or
why not? How can a business ensure its employees have the big 5 personalities?
4. What are attitudes? Are job attitudes changeable? If yes, how can businesses
play a part in fostering good work-related attitudes?
5. After having been fired from his job, Joe currently lives in the store room of his
parents’ home. He is quite depressed with his situation for he has been
unemployed for the past 6 months. To spend his time, he goes out with his
drinking buddies every night. Referring to Maslow’s theory, what unmet needs
does Joe have right now? Why do you say so?
6. Scarlett recently started a law firm and hired several lawyers to help run her
business. The firm specializes in complex cases involving patents and
copyrights. However, no one (including Scarlett) possesses the full technical
knowledge and expertise necessary to take on a legal case alone. Under this
situation, which leadership style is appropriate? And why do you say so?
7. What do you think are the top THREE (3) qualities of an effective leader? And
why do think each of them is important? Discuss.