1. DAVID L. BENDIXEN
8210 Oakwood Drive, Urbandale, Iowa 50322
(Home) 515.276.9704 Email: email@example.com (Cell) 515.250.2321
OPERATIONS MANAGER / ANALYST / PROJECT COORDINATOR
Results-driven professional with over 20 years’ success in satisfying customer service needs through
building strong relationships and developing trusted service delivery teams. Proven strengths in solving
problems, improving processes, and implementing effective strategies to meet operational and financial
objectives. A respected leader with technical skills who builds high-performance teams that exceed
• Operations Management • Leadership and Teamwork
• Customer Relations • Follow-up/Control
• Project Coordination • Budget Plans/Forecasts
• Problem Solving • Expense Control
WELLS FARGO BANK, Des Moines, IA
Project Coordinator – Technology Connection Implementation Services 2010 - 2011
Estimated call center operational costs and published knowledge base updates for helpdesk and mainframe
security services with a focus on Wells Fargo/Wachovia merger and integration projects.
• Led “discovery” meetings between integration partners to capture support needs and formulate high
level risk assessment for support models to comply with service level agreements.
• Analyzed information for 130+ projects to define helpdesk scope of support requirements to achieve
cost and volume estimates for high accuracy forecasting.
• Calculated customer project costs using an on-line database to provide comprehensive estimates which
were accepted by the customer over 98% of the time.
• Collaborated with Mainframe Security Team, business line managers, subject matter experts, etc. to
ensure smooth post-migration support of mainframe applications resulting in no impact to end user
experience or helpdesk support teams.
• Conducted pre/post-implementation meetings, wrote task plans, assigned action items, tracked
progress, and communicated status for a smooth transition.
• Communicated critical helpdesk support information by publishing project details in the InfoSource
knowledge base for agents and production managers to improve functionality and satisfaction.
• Utilized various database and project management tools including CREST, Planview, STAMP,
SharePoint, Pac2000 (Remedy), Time-Tracker for systematic reporting and information tracking.
Operations Manager – Equipment Services 2008 - 2010
Managed maintenance services for high speed Print and Rendering production equipment. Supervised
technical staff, workload schedules, managed P&L and parts inventory.
• Coordinated smooth transition from OEM vendor service to internal service with start-up of new Des
Moines Equipment Services team. Interviewed/hired technicians, set up parts inventory, ordered tools/
test equipment, resulting in annual savings of $200K in maintenance expense.
• Established strong customer confidence and relationships for new internal service team by conducting
monthly status meetings, consistently receiving positive feedback, achieving a high overall satisfaction
survey score of 4.4 (scale of 1 to 5).
2. David L. Bendixen Page 2
• Assembled and cataloged extensive parts inventory within 30 days valued over $550K, performed pre-
scheduled cycle counts to ensure consistently high accuracy resulting in less than 3% variance.
• Led a team of technicians to service Océ/RSI print equipment and Bell & Howell document inserter
equipment, achieving an average uptime performance of 99.73%.
• Organized equipment data collection, analysis, and business case development to grow new business
at two new sites due to Wells Fargo/Wachovia merger; projected annual savings of $500K over
external service providers.
DIEBOLD, INCORPORATED, Davenport and Des Moines, IA 1988 - 2007
Implementation and Service Operations Manager
Managed installation and service operations in two state territory supporting various financial and retail
customers; staff of 25. Annual budgets of $9M-$10M, over $1M assets, P&L accountability.
• Recruited and hired technicians, installers, and administrative personnel to maintain appropriate
staffing levels, wrote and delivered all performance evaluations.
• Supervised team of 25 including installers, service technicians, 3 project coordinators, and 6 sub-
contractors, approved all weekly labor hours, expenses, and sub-contractor invoices to track and
manage costs to Plan.
• Formulated and managed annual budgets of approximately $9M-$10M for Installation and Service
operations, which consistently met with Senior Management approval.
• Developed monthly online and Excel forecast models with revenue and costs, achieving an average
45% Gross Profit Margin, identified negative trends, created action plans through team problem
• Managed over $1M in assets, including vehicles, parts inventories, shipping and receiving, order entry,
cycle counts, returned goods authorization (RGAs) to effectively control operating expenses.
• Developed an Excel calculator tool to forecast/monitor installation project performance that was
adopted for use as a “best practice” which increased project profitability by an average of 15%.
• Successfully managed replacement projects for over 80 ATM and security system upgrades at multiple
sites, completing projects on time while meeting or exceeding customer expectations.
• Tracked completion of customer required post-installation certification paperwork and photos,
resulting in consistently high score card ratings from the customer.
• Monitored overall service metrics including customer satisfaction, equipment performance, cost center
revenue achievement, and profitability to achieve operational goals and bonus plan rewards.
• Exceeded customer expectations by identifying and scheduling resources to meet project scope-of-
work requirements and service level agreements.
• Functioned as Business Team Leader to facilitate and lead monthly team meetings, document action
plans and processes, and keep fellow managers abreast of current business issues. Developed and
documented future business strategies.
Associate of Applied Science - Electronics, United Electronics Institute, West Des Moines, IA
• Business Process Improvement • Coaching for Premier Performance
• Effective Written Communication • Situational Leadership
• Goals and Planning • Conflict Resolution
• Problem Solving • Team Skills