3. • Digital marketing is important for any website
• For an ecommerce website it is much more than just
• Preparing a digital marketing plan for your eCommerce
business can be a daunting task
• You need to create a brand, recall and also drive sales. The
focus on speed to market is very important.
• It’s enough to create a confused state of mind.
• Digital Marketing needs to be planned well to give clear
• Step by step approach is recommended
Ecommerce & Digital Marketing Strategy
4. 1. Identifying the target market
The first step is to identify your target customers
Category of people you would like to reach with your
A marketing strategy without a target customer base is
5. Some questions need to be answered:
Who uses the product or service?
What factors affect their buying?
Where do they collect the information before buying?
Answers to the above, will provide a set of people who
would be interested in your product/service.
Choice of methods of communication are to be identified to
ensure that the language and the tone of communication is
as per the target customers.
6. 2. Marketing goals
The second step is to list down the goals of the digital
A brainstorm exercise must be conducted between team
member to list all possible objectives that are to achieved
through this digital marketing plan.
Goals must have the following:
Clear: Clarity in goals is of high importance.
Way to measure: The goals must be measurable in numbers.
Possibility: The goals must be of a level which is achievable
Timeline: Time is costly. Each goal must have a set timeline.
7. 3. Costs
Marketing could be an expensive affair.
A budget must be prepared as per the goals set.
Budgeting is of very high importance for the growth
& viability of the business.
The budget could be small or large, but whatever it is, it
must be written along with the list of goals.
The time line across which such a budget is to spent must
also be laid down.
Spending all the money at one time is not advisable, so I
would suggest, spread your budget over next few months.
8. 4. Execution of Digital Marketing
Last but not least is the execution of your digital marketing
A successful marketing plan must have a spread out budget
for over at least 3 months of effort to get real business
This expense must be taken as an investment.
The initial marketing efforts should focus on engagement
and brand awareness.
Thereafter investment is required for organic and SEO
9. Once the business is up and running you can spend on paid
digital marketing plans.
Some of the options available at this stage are as below:
SEM: Search Engine Marketing
Interactive Content marketing
Youtube paid Ads
10. Thanks for your Attention!
We would be pleased to have
your clarifications Answered
please Contact us at