LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestras Condiciones de uso y nuestra Política de privacidad para más información.
LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestra Política de privacidad y nuestras Condiciones de uso para más información.
----- Meeting Notes (6/2/15 15:23) ----- "As coders our job is to destroy work. Not to create it. Our work is creative endeavour, its not something we do to stay busy"
Algorithmia at HackerNews Meetup Seattle
“In fact what I would like to see is thousands of computer scientists let loose to do whatever they want.
That's what really advances the field. ” – Donald Knuth
Our goal with Algorithmia is to make applications smarter, by building a community around algorithm
development, where state of the art algorithms are always live and accessible to anyone.
History of Technology
• “In economics productivity is a measure of technological progress. Productivity
increases when fewer inputs are used in the production of a unit of output”
• We went from Hunter-gatherer to agriculture to industrial to the next
revolution: interpretation of data.
• Algorithms are at the center of the next revolution. They are the tools of our
• If data is the new oil, advanced algorithms are the drilling platforms, pipelines,
tankers and gas stations.
The more data we collect…the harder it gets to
“But data is inherently dumb. It doesn’t actually do anything unless
you know how to use it. And big data is even harder to monetize due
to the sheer complexity of it.
Data alone is not going to be the catalyst for the next wave of IT-driven
innovation. The next digital gold rush will be focused on how you do
something with data, not just what you do with it. This is the promise
the algorithm economy.”
- Peter Sondergaard (Gartner Research)
What is the problem?
Cross industry shortage of qualified algorithm developers.
New innovative algorithms created every day don’t make it into the hands of those who
could benefit from them.
Academic/Research papers hard to find and implement. Code usually
incomplete and unsupported.
Algorithmia is a first-of-its-kind marketplace for algorithms. Algorithmia is a platform where algorithm
developers can submit their code, and anyone can benefit from their algorithms.
Easy to develop hosted powerful
algorithms that scale.
Get state-of-the-art algorithms
into hands of people with
Create a community and market
around algorithm development.
Dead simple monetization path for
• No need to worry about deploying or scaling infrastructure
to run or consume algorithms.
• As much computing power as needed.
• Available in most public clouds across the globe (upon
REST API allows for any
algorithm to be called in any
language regardless of the
language it was written in.
Advantages to you
Easy plug and play solution that enables
purchase of both code and infrastructure in
Complex algorithms boiled
down to simple REST API.
Entire library of algorithms to
use as building blocks.
“Its not about the pieces , it’s how the pieces work together”
- ICE CUBE
Algorithmic building blocks
How machines see the web
Create your own machine learning powered RSS reader in < 30
New set of capabilities revealed today, here
• Automatic content recommendations on any site with just 2 lines of code.
• Current content recommendations are usually based on click stream analysis or manual curation:
Add this capability to any site…2 lines of code
Did I mention building blocks?
How you can build it yourself…
• Blog post coming out this Thursday morning. Keep an eye out for it .
Like it ? Throw us an upvote.
• Code samples at http://github.com/algorithmiaio/samples
• Want to test it today ? (Send us feedback – get a t-shirt)