LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestras Condiciones de uso y nuestra Política de privacidad para más información.
LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestra Política de privacidad y nuestras Condiciones de uso para más información.
• The Lennox Bridge was designed by
a Scottish man, David Lennox
• It was built by convicts between 1836
• It is one of the oldest bridges in
What's is the Issue?
The issue is that the Parramatta City Council
is developing 2 portals for pedestrians,
cyclists, parents with prams, the disabled
and senior citizens in the Lennox Bridge.
This will be destroying our historical heritage
and will not work towards our aim of
About The Lennox bridge
• The Lennox bridge is a stone bridge in Parramatta.
• It’s a convict built bridge which was designed by David
• It was built over the period of 1836-1839.
• It’s one of the oldest bridges in Australia.
• This was David Lennox’s third bridge..
• He also designed the Lennox bridge at Glenbrook and
• The Lennox bridge in Parramatta shows significance for
About The Issue
• The issue is that they want to build portals on each
side of the bridge to help cyclists, parents with
prams, pedestrians and the disabled.
• there are very few people supporting the bridge
but the rest want the portals to be built as quickly
• Residents of Parramatta were even protesting for
two years about the construction of the portals.
• To stop the protestation as quickly as possible the
Parramatta council wants the portals built by June
Some solutions are:
• Some of the Parramatta public could go and
make a complaint about what they don’t like
about the idea.
• Some people can make complaints about how
there are many people riding bikes and go too
fast and might get injured while inside tunnels.
• Some of the public may find it hard because they
cant trust there children in the tunnel.
• Some children may not like enclosed areas.
• Other solutions are:
• Teachers may not like the idea of children
going through enclosed areas that have
some pollution in them(the pollution from cars
on the bridge).Teachers may make a
• The final solution is that if someone was to
faint there will be no-one to call an
ambulance there parents may make a
complaint of them not being seen.
Who’s involved and what are they
doing about it?
The Parramatta City Council are involved
but also the community because we are
trying to stop them doing construction on the
bridge but the Parramatta council want the
construction into action.
What are we going to do?
Some things we as a community could do is
try to persuade the Parramatta City Council
to not go on with the construction and we
could send the council a letter before they
start or we could also try to protest against