Create a Voice Thread evaluation for your preliminary task
answering the following questions:
• How does your school magazine compare to existing school
• How does your final school magazine compare to the drafts
you have made?
• Who was your target audience for the school magazine?
• How did you try to attract your target audience?
• What have you learnt from the preliminary task?
This should be posted on your blog by 19th October
5. THE PACK
The pack contains ALL of the tasks you will need to complete
for your whole coursework.
The research and planning sections also have QR codes you
can scan using a barcode reader
• These take you to the individual posts for each task.
6. TASK 1: MUSIC MAGAZINE
You should have completed this task for your summer
transition work and have a digital copy with you today
Check the blog to make sure this work is detailed enough
and covers all of the points listed.
7. EMBEDDING TASK 1
ONTO YOUR BLOG
If that research is in a PPT or a word document this is how
you can embed it into your blog.
8. TASK 2: USES AND
You have to explain the theory, then apply it to a contents
page of a magazine
9. WHAT IS USES AND
A theory devised by Blumler and Katz in 1974
It looks at how people use the media
Blumler and Katz state that people/consumers can use the
media in 4 ways
10. THE 4 CATEGORIES
Surveillance – gaining information about the world
Personal Identity – finding parts of yourself in texts, basing
your identity on texts
Personal Relationships – using the media for social and
Diversion – escape from everyday problems and routine