LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestras Condiciones de uso y nuestra Política de privacidad para más información.
LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestra Política de privacidad y nuestras Condiciones de uso para más información.
Group # 9 Members:
To lead the public and private sector in the engineering
disciplines including Railways by providing highest quality and
safety standards in an economical and efficient manner.
To achieve excellence in Engineering Services with special
emphasis on Railway Sector and to become an international
commercial company operating beyond Pakistan’s borders.
• Pakistan Railways Founded in 1886 and
headquartered in Lahore.
• Pakistan Railways carries 65 million
passengers annually and daily.
• Pakistan Railways also operates special
trains during occasions like congregation
of the Dawat-e-Islami and tableeghi
• The maximum Speed of trains on
Pakistan Railways is 120 km/h.
• The idea of a rail network came in 1847, with the possibility of Karachi becoming a major seaport
after large part of Sindh fell to British East India company by 1843.
• Sir Henry Edward Frere, who was appointed as the Commissioner of Sindh, sought permission from
Lord Dalhousie to begin a survey for a Karachi seaport and a survey for a railway line in 1858.
• On 13 May 1861, the first railway line was opened to the public, between Karachi and Kotri, with a
length of 169 kilometers (105 mi).
• In 1947 when Pakistan gained independence, 8,122 route kilometers (5,048 mi) of railway were
transferred to Pakistan.
PROBLEMS FACING BY PAKISTAN
• Customer dissatisfaction
• Crowded platforms
• Less investment and providing
• Fuel shortage
• National disasters(floods, riots
According to the National
Disaster Management Authority, the
heavy floods have caused a loss of Rs.6.7
billion to the railway network.
The railway coaches were also the
targets of angry mobs and arson attacks
after Benazir Bhutto’s assassination
resulting in huge losses.
Federal Minister of Pakistan Railways, He
always gave open statements regarding
the failure of railway in Pakistan but
nobody paid any attention as always.
DECLINE OF PAKISTAN
• There are various reasons of the decline of the
Pakistan railway. They are as:
1. Operational cause
2. Mismanagement timing of
3. Political cause
4. Technical cause
5. Managerial cause
• Operational cause
Burdensomeness of out of order locomotives.
Lack of freight trains.
Track is over aged.
Deficient duty hours of parcel/cargo trains.
Negligent treatment with time management.
• Mismanagement timing of train
Trains don’t arrive and departure on time.
6-8 hours late is normal.
Green line train.
• Technical cause
Shortage of locomotives
Bunged supply of fuel
• Political cause
• Managerial cause
Decrease in revenues
Strategies for PR:
We implement KAIZEN in PR
Just Do It