LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestras Condiciones de uso y nuestra Política de privacidad para más información.
LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestra Política de privacidad y nuestras Condiciones de uso para más información.
Ideas for Post & Ante Natal Care
By Dorne Parker
(Forever Living Advisory Board)
The following suggestions are guidelines only. We do not make any
medical claims and would always advise Doctor or Midwife consultation
Supplement recommended for preconceptual and pregnant women.
• The need for extra nutrients before, during
and after pregnancy to help support the
health of both the foetus and the mother is
becoming increasingly important due to the
reduced nutrient content of our modern diet.
• It has long been recognised that a deficiency
in Folic Acid can increase the likelihood of
developing a congenital disorder.
• A large trial set up by the Medical Research
Council backed this up quite dramatically.
• Women should take 400mg of folic acid- if
possible from conception until 12 weeks
• Omega 3 Essential Fatty Acids from fish are
vital for the formation of new tissues
particularly the development of the
brain, nervous system and retina with
research showing enhanced effects in IQ and
• Suggested Supplementation: Arctic
Sea, Absorbent C, B12 Plus Folic Acid, NatureMin and Forever Probiotic
– Weak Aloe Blosson Tea, made with boiled water
and then cooled. The fennel, Camomile and Aloe
Blossom are very soothing.
– (One tea bag will make approximately 2 pints of
• Stretch Marks
– Massage with Aloe Moisturising lotion or Aloe
Gelly daily in the early stages of pregnancy to keep
the skin moisturised and lubricated.
– If stretch marks are starting to appear, massage
with Alpha E Factor.
• Preparing the nipples for breast-feeding
– Prepare the nipples prior to breast-feeding by
applying Aloe Vera Gelly to the nipple area.
– Apply liberally before and after feeding.
– If the nipples do crack, wipe with activator on
cotton wool before and after each feed, then
apply Propolis cream to prevent infection.
– Alpha E Factor contains bisabolol, which is a
soothing essential oil so can also be applied to
sore and cracked nipples.
• Headaches and Contractions
– Occasionally headaches in pregnancy may be a
sign of a more serious complication and should be
checked out by a doctor or midwife.
– Providing they are satisfied, the Aloe Heat
Lotion, gently massaged on the forehead and
temples, will penetrate deeply and can help to
relieve the inflammation causing the headache.
– Stress tension in the neck and shoulders can also
be eased with the heat lotion.
– When contractions start, massage heat lotion into
the lower back to ease the pain.
• Nappy Rash
– Wash baby in diluted Aloe Liquid Soap.
– This product is a no tears formula so if it does
splash in baby’s eyes, it will not cause discomfort.
– Dry baby’s skin, and in severe cases, apply
Activator on cotton wool to the nappy rash.
– Leave to dry for a minute and then apply Propolis
Creme. The Propolis is a natural antibiotic so may
prevent any infection from occurring.
– N.B. Always apply a little of the cream and
Activator to a small area as a tester if this is the
– Aloe Vera Gelly can be applied directly onto the
– It will soothe inflamed gums and is very cooling.
– It is perfectly safe to apply several times per day
and will cause the baby no harm if accidentally
• Cradle Cap
– Wash baby’s head with Aloe Liquid Soap and then
massage the Gelly into the scalp and leave
– You may need to do this a couple of times per
week before the cradle cap is all gone.
– In very severe cases, mix an equal amount of Gelly
with virgin olive oil and once again leave
overnight, then wash with Aloe Liquid Soap.
– All of the products are fairly concentrated and so
only a small amount is required.
If you would like to purchase any of the products
please go to: