LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestras Condiciones de uso y nuestra Política de privacidad para más información.
LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestra Política de privacidad y nuestras Condiciones de uso para más información.
Leading the development of Gephi,
an Exploratory Networks Analysis framework
We, Gephi Team, INIST-CNRS, Linkfluence and WebAtlas, invite others to join
us on our mission to advance the development of Gephi, a platform for
relational data visualization and analysis, through the formation of the Gephi
We are interested to hear from companies, research laboratories and
individuals who share our core goals:
• to build generic and reusable parts of Gephi,
• to improve the technology at low cost,
• and to create standards to ensure interoperability.
Why a Consortium?
What have research laboratories, big data companies and human societies in
common? The recurrent need to map and understand complex
phenomenons, revealing patterns and trends in relational data. Called “Data
Science”, this activity helps to turn data into products and to perform
researches on the data deluge.
But an efficient technology is mandatory to store, compute and visualize
evolving data at scale.
The Gephi project aims to provide a tool to visualize, filter and interact with
every kind of relational data in real time. A generic infrastructure and long-
term vision are the keys to overcome these challenges. The Consortium is a
solution to foster the evolution and exploitation of the Gephi project.
A Pragmatic Vision
The ability to take data -- to be able to understand it, to process it, to extract
value from it, to visualize it, to communicate it -- is already at work.
Google, Amazon, Facebook, and LinkedIn have all tapped into their
datastreams and made that the core of their success. Archeologists are more
concerned now by mining information than doing fieldwork. Citizen
organizations track interlocking directorates, while the Worldbank, US and UK
governments follow the Open Data movement. Elsevier and Thomson-Reuters
open their APIs to build high-value applications for information science.
Data visualization and analysis is the cornerstone of this evolution, and Gephi
can help in this task.
What is the Consortium?
A not-for-profit corporation under the French law of
July 1st, 1901 – equivalent of US 501(c)(3).
• Give the community a legal structure
• Provide a research infrastructure
• Propose legal solutions to use Gephi in business
R&D effort to build generic and reusable parts of Gephi
• Concentrate collective efforts and apply for fundings
• Provide leadership in developments (roadmaps,
• Organize and support the community
Cost and Involvment
Strategic Corporate Membership Individual
Fees €10,000 €3,000 €45
3-year commitment 1-year commitment
Board of 1 seat by right As many representatives 1 representative
Directors as Strategic Members
• Members elect the Management Committee
• Members vote for projects to support
• Members define expenses priorities
• Strategic directions made according to the common
needs of members
• Personalized business made possible
• Competitive technology improved at low cost
• Technology risk reduced by creating standards
• Connections with skilled developers and talented
• Open innovation
Gephi in a Nutshell
« Like Photoshop™ for graphs. »
Helps data analysts to reveal patterns and trends,
highlight outliers and tells story with their data.
• Gephi is a network visualisation platform
• Open-source, supported by a community
• Built for performance and usability
• Extensible, add plug-ins
• Windows, Mac OS X, Linux
Gephi Key Figures
From 2008 to 2010:
2,000,000$ development cost – COCOMO evaluation
150,000 lines of code
33,000 software downloads
8 contributor countries
3 UI languages: English, French and Spanish
600,000 pages viewed/year on gephi.org
• Social Network Analysis
• Semantic Web
• Visual Analytics
• Web mapping
• Infrastructure monitoring
• Business networks study
• Molecular and gene interaction research