• Energy can neither be generated nor it can be
destroyed . It can only be converted from one
from to another
• For example , in a room heater , electrical
energy is converted to the thermal energy
Types of energy
• Energy can be broadly classified into two
• Renewable Resources
• Non renewable Resources
NON RENEWABLE ENERGY
• Non Renewable energy cannot be generated
again and again , e.g. energy generated from
combustion of fossil fuels, energy from coal
and gas etc .
Why to conserve energy ?
• We have limited fuels available on earth.
• Our demand for energy is increasing
day- by- day.
• It is possible that someday , most of
fuels will be exhausted , and we will
have to switch over to alternate energy
How can we conserve energy
• Conserving energy means decreasing the
amount of energy used while achieving a
similar outcome of end use . Using less energy
has lots of benefits you can save money and
help the environment.
• using less energy helps us to preserve these
resources and make them last longer in
What can we do ?
• We can do our bit to save energy .
• We should not waste energy in school , at
home or at public places
• Always switch off lights and fans while going
out of the class.
• In computer lab , we should switch off the
computers before going out of the class .
• We should not keep light and fan
unnecessarily switched on.
• Watching interesting programs on TV is
interesting , but afterwards , TV should be
should be switched off.
In Public Places
• Street lights consume a lot of energy . We can
use the streetlights according to sunset and
sunrise to can save power.
• Installing solar powered street light is another
major option available to save electricity.
• Therefore, we should start saving energy
wherever we are, at home at school, at work
and in the neighborhood. Thus, the earth a
place that’s convenient and sustainable for
our future generation someday.