1. Haithem Ammar
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Cel : +971-50-7840988, +2 010 5570311
Looking for a challenging senior position in a professional company.
• Developing multimillion $ business in high volume business.
• Deep knowledge of the channel business across GCC, Levant & North Africa.
• Regular market research and gathering market & competition information
• Managing sales teams, building success stories and generating high volume revenue.
• Excellent communication & presentation skills.
• Excellent complex negotiation & high volume deal closing skills.
• Product management, positioning and pricing.
• Driving P&L parameters successfully
• Creating new ideas which brings new lines of revenues.
• Effective Communication with the “C” level.
• Strong researcher and information collector.
• Sharp, aggressive and flexible business approach
Metra Computers KSA May-09 Current:
Metra is No 1 IT distributor in Egypt and No 2 in the ME region, Metra is a major player in the consumer business in
the UAE, Gulf and the main player in Egypt carries products such as: HP, Dell, SAMSUNG, Cisco, Microsoft, Intel
Head- Channel & Corporate business- KSA
1- Setting the go to market strategy for the channel & consumer business HP IPG, PSG, Dell & SAMSUNG.
2- Supervising the product managers in ordering, back log monitoring and short supply issues.
3- Pricing and sensitive price calls for special seasons, DSF, DSS, Back to School & Gitex seasons.
4- Introducing promo’s and bundles for same seasonal events.
5- Product launch events and roadmaps for newly introduced models of products.
6- Preparing liquidation plans for “EOL” end of line/discontinued products.
2. 7- Monitor and review the sales team to achieve the department numbers
8- Manage complex negotiations and structuring of deals to ensure company’s interests are always protected.
9- Following with vendor and reporting any order related issues, short supply, RMA and any price protection.
10- Introducing loyalty & rebate programs to achieve more channel reach and gain customer satisfaction.
11- Driving daily business dynamics effectively, revenue, inventory and front end margin to the best for
12- Using the 4P’s technique to open new markets & channels.
13- Monitoring payments and report any credit risk with finance.
Achievements & Awards:
During my tenure I have successfully achieved the following:
1- Revenue growth of 100% in less than a year during tough year.
2- 95% channel & market reach.
3- Excellent front end margins.
Better Homes Sep 07-April -09
Better Homes is a Market leader in Real Estate industry, providing large range of property services including facility
management, leasing, residential and commercial sales of Free hold and lease hold properties and other services.
Senior Property Advisor:
- Managing investor’s property portfolio
- Carrying-out day to day functions of sales, independently or in conjunction with other agents.
- Liaising with clients to accommodate their buying or selling requirements until such time as the appropriate
property is found.
- Coordinating the release of advertisements in newspaper and attending calls for advertised properties.
- Achieved around Multi Milion Profits of property transactions
- Gathered a huge base of properties and investors
DATEL Services & Software - Jan/06 to Aug/07:
DATEL is a technology and professional services giant specialized in providing consulting, outsourced technology
and business strategy solutions for the global corporate and government entities in the Middle East.
DATEL specialized in the following area:
- IT Services, eServices & eGovernment projects, PPP projects with the government
- Contact Center Solutions implementation & services.
- HP Services: Educational & government services, Consultancy & implementation services.
- E-Gate projects.
Datel has a list of projects and references such as the E-gate project in Dubai Airport, Abu -Dhabi airport and the
eServices project for Ministry of Interior.
Head of Sales:
- Outlining and structuring the sales & business development strategy plan as for the entire range of services offered
from the company.
- Creating and developing partnership relation between the company & the enterprise customers with a major focus on
government & Telecom sectors
- Business forecasting & funnel preparation.
- Managing alliances with Vendors and partners to widen company range of service offerings.
1- Closing major deal in the government sector -education- 2 M Dhs and expanding to Telecom sector.
2- Creating a strong alliance between DATEL and HP in the service area.
3- Establishing a proper sales structure & funneling for 6 months ahead.
3. 4- Developed business with: Dubai World, Ministry of Education, Ministry of interior, Abu Dhabi Systems &
Information Committee “ADSIC”, Etisalat and Al-thuraya.
Redington Gulf- United Arab Emirates Jan/03-Jan/06
Regional Business Manager – HP PSG Products:
Managing and developing the PSG Personal Systems Group, Notebooks, PCs & servers through the distribution
channels which include corporate resellers, Channel & volume resellers within the “GCC & Levant” (i.e. Saudi
“KSA”, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, Yemen, Jordan and Lebanon).
- Setting the product management Plan and Sales Strategy.
- Setting the Product/Area roadmap, product positioning for the PSG portfolio “Notebooks, Desktops & Servers.
- Developing the existing channel by improving the channel breadth, establishing channel programs & exploring more
business opportunities with all possible ways.
- Developing the Vendor relationship & establish more vendor support lines.
- Managing the inventory level according to the market & seasonal status, preparing the liquidation plans if needed.
- Target monitoring &review to ensure that the supplier Rebates & back ends are secured.
- Customer evaluating & recommending credit lines.
- Using the 4 P's technique to open new markets segments & to do the right product positioning in those markets to
improve the BU performance.
- Responsible for all the BU’s numbers “Revenue targets, Margin targets and Inventory days.
Achievements & Awards:
During my tenure I have successfully achieved the following:
1- Successfully developed and grown the HP commercial PSG business from 0 to more than 50 M$ with
excellent front & back end margin.
2- Redington has become a major player in the commercial business competing with 10 years old player such
as Techdata, Aptec and Emitac
3- Redington has been awarded the Best Distributor in the Commercial PSG during Gitex 2004.
4- Redington has added other strategic commercial products such as IBM to the product portfolio under my
5- Redington have become No 1 distributor in this PSG Notebooks & PCs area.
Jumbo Electronics –Nov-00-Dec-02:
Jumbo Electronics is a UAE Distributor and Retailer for Consumer IT Products and consumer electronics in the
UAE, and one of the Biggest Distributors and Retailers in the Middle East, having 32 Retail outlets allover the UAE,
with a business volume above a billion Dirhams annually.
Product Manager –IBM PCD:
- Setting the Products Business Plan.
- Launching new products according to the product Roadmap.
- Exploring more business horizontally & vertically in the GCC and North Africa and evaluate the business
- Creating marketing promotions and campaigns and incentive Scheme according to the market and inventory
- Creating Loyalty programs to the Resellers.
- Monitoring and pushing the inventory according to the market status.
- Using the 4 P's technique to open new markets segments and to enhance the overall company performance.
1- 50% Growth rate in the first year.
100 % channel breadth growth in the Gulf Countries
ORASCOM April 97-Oct/2000:
In Orascom I had 2 positions, Distribution business Manager in addition to Managing HP Products for the company
Distribution Business Manager Jan-98-2000
− Setting the strategic business plan for the channel.
− Developing and managing the different sectors in the distribution channels –Run rate, VARs and Retail segment
and making sure that the required numbers are achieved.
− Expanding business horizontally & vertically.
− Creating marketing promotions and campaigns according to the market variables to attract the reseller to buy
more items and to move the slow moving items.
4. − Monitoring the entire stock of the company.
− Setting the frequent strategic stock plan per product.
− Using the 4 P's technique to open new markets segments and to enhance the overall company performance.
Product Manager April/97-Jan/98:
- Responsible for all HP Business numbers for the company.
- Work with the different departments to get the number done, corporate & Distribution department.
- Bidding and writing technical specs in the tenders & RFQ’s
1- Growing the distribution segment up to L.E 120 M with 5+ % margin
2- Growth rate of 50 % year over year, leading to becoming market leader in the distribution market in Egypt.
3- 95 % market reach, catering various IT products to the different market segments.
Army Forces- Information Systems department- June 94- Apr 97:
I have served 30 moths obligatory military service in the information systems department of the Military forces,
doing IT maintenance & technical job for different IT departments of the army.
Ambitious & Motivation Training: Done by Bob Urichuck, the Author for “Online for lifetime”.
Professional Sales techniques: Up your bottom line done by Bob Urichuck.
Complex negotiation and deal closing skills.
Time management and effective delegation & prioritization.
Professional Product training in HP PSG, ISS & IPG, IBM-PCD Products.
Date of Birth: 5th of April 1971.
Place of Birth : Cairo, Egypt.
Marital Status: Married
Languages: Native Arabic, fluent English and fair French.
Faculty of Engineering (1989-1994),
B.Sc. Of Electrical and Computer Engineering.
List of References available upon request