2. Chat Bot?
• Talkbot, Chatterbot, interactive agent.
• A computer program that can talk to humans in natural
• Uses Artificial Intelligence Markup Language (AIML) to
• Can replace a human for monotonous jobs of answering
queries, e.g. E-help desk.
4. Why Chat bot?
• Bots are a lot easier to install than mobile apps.
• Bots are easily distributed.
• Quality mobile apps are expensive to build, maintain and deploy.
• Moving complexity to the cloud reduces a user’s cognitive load
6. How does it respond?
• Looks for certain patterns of words in the user's input.
• Replies with pre-determined output, if the pattern is matched.
• Needs to have an idea of what the user will chat.
• Has suitable responses defined in the AIML file
8. Natural Language Processing
• Natural language processing (NLP) is the ability of a computer
program to understand human speech as it is spoken.
• NLP is a component of artificial intelligence .
• It makes computer to perform useful tasks with the natural
languages humans use.
• Current approaches to NLP are based on machine learning
• The input and output of an NLP system can be −
14. GOOGLE HOME
• Smart speakers developed by Google.
• Voice commands to interact with
services through Google's intelligent
personal assistant called Google
• Integrated support for home
automation, letting users control
smart home appliances with their
15. AMAZON ECHO
• The device is capable of voice
interaction, music playback,
making to-do lists, setting
alarms, streaming podcasts,
playing audiobooks, and
providing weather, traffic and
other real-time information.
• It can also control several smart
devices acting as a home