Se ha denunciado esta presentación.
Cloud computing is where computing resources
are accessed from a virtual online "cloud" rather
than a local desktop or organizational data centre.
Cloud computing is internet–based
are provided to computers and others devices
on demand, like the electricity grid.
Reincarnation of centralized data processing
and storage as paralleled by the mainframe.
A mainframe (also known as Big Iron) is:
A large computer
Used by large organization
Used for bulk data processing
A large network of computers.
Used by large organizations to provide
services to smaller ones and individuals.
Used for bulk data processing.
Synonyms: Grid Computing, SaaS, Network
Computing, Utility Computing.
Companies are looking for new ways to:
Reduce costs Faster time to
• Pay for only what • Improve system • Quickly take
we use reliability advantage of
• Reduce hardware • Improve system latest
investment availability technologies
• Reduce software • Simplify updating
licenses and upgrading
• Lower labor and IT • Increase speed of
support costs deployment
• Lower outside • Scale IT resources
maintenance cost to meet business
Layers of the cloud
Important topics of cloud
• The various types and vendors of cloud
• Advantages and disadvantages of cloud
Types and vendors of cloud
Types of cloud
More complex form
1. Web–based office application.
Online photo and document sharing
Eg: ZOHO Work Online, Live Mesh
2. Branded, Domain-wide web service.
Hosted spam filtering
Eg: postini, Google apps, Microsoft Office Live Beta
3. Large-scale web-based storage and computing power for
building your own application.
Eg: Amazon web services, Google app Engine
Advantages and disadvantages
• Lower software cost
• Improve performance
Advantages • Fewer maintenance issue
• Instant software updates
• Increased data safety
• Requires a constant internet
• Doesn’t not work well in low
Disadvantages speed connections
• May be slow
• Limited features
Cloud computing increases profitability by
improving resource utilization. Costs are driven
down by delivering appropriate resources only for
the time those resources are needed.
Cloud computing has enabled teams and
organizations to streamline lengthy procurement
• Wikipedia: Cloud Computing.
• Wikipedia: Mainframe Computer.