What is a Steam Bath?
Steam baths provide a variety of health and beauty benefits, suitable for almost anyone. Warm,
moist heat supplies sink into the skin, joints and muscles. The skin responds by opening the
pores, cleaning several layers deep into the dermis.
Who Can Use a Steam Bath?
Most healthy adults can take a weekly steam bath for routine cleansing and relaxation.
Sometimes athletes and other fitness enthusiasts, take steam bath before and after a workout.
Those who have acne, sore muscles and joints, depression, anxiety and arthritis may take up to
two per day, unless a doctor advises otherwise.
Advantages of Steam Bath:
• Old people will surely benefit from this since joint pains and other body pains can be
• It can also help reduce weight for those who are overweight and in need of losing fat.
• It will also regulate and stimulate the flow of your blood and make your metabolism work
• It also makes your skin looks fresh, young looking and truly healthy
Disadvantages of Steam Bath:
• Since steam baths uses tap water, the things in it will be absorbed by your skin such as
chlorine, and other chemicals which may not be healthy to your body.
• The humid temperature of a steam room is an easy breeding ground for bacteria and other
viruses which may pose a risk to your health.
• Improper installation of these steam baths may cause headaches to the users.
• The heat emitted from the steam room may not be good for those who have asthma and heart
Steam Bath Benefits
The steam bath benefits can be divided into 3 categories:
• Physical health benefits
• Mental health benefits
• Skin health benefits
1. Physical steam bath benefits
• This healthy sweating is known to be helpful with respiratory troubles like
• It has also proven helpful for detoxification, having positive effects on liver and circulation
• Steam bath for weight loss.
2. Mental steam bath benefits
• Steam baths can also be very healthful when it comes to your state of mind. It is a well-
known relaxant that can help you overcome
• Sleeping disorders (especially through over-excitability)
• Negative energies
3. Steam bath benefits for your skin
• A good sweat is perfect to keep your skin healthy; sweating cleans the skin better than any
soap and water. It stimulates the blood flow under your skin, opens up your pores and
washes out more dirt, dead skin cells.
• The heat also opens up your veins bringing more oxygen and nutrients to your skin surface.
Steam Baths Types
• Steam bath 40-45°C, 100% humidity
The Steam bath is the classical hot steam bath, used since ancient times, where you can bathe in
a pleasantly humid and cozy environment.
• Hammam 40-45°C, variable humidity
Hammams are traditional wellness centres of the Arab world. Usually very spacious, in a
classical style of refined mosaics and fountains, with 3 or 4 rooms at different temperatures.
Most of them also have a platform for massages.
• Laconicum, 65°C, dry
The specific heating for these kind of cabins allows a pleasant sweating, that can be very
useful to eliminate toxins, metabolism waste products, fatty acids and impurities. The heat
is induced through the benches (about 39°C) and through the walls (about 65°C).
• Calidarium, 45-48°C, medium-high humidity
The high quantity of steam is designed to help general relaxation, whilst invigorating muscles
and skin and allowing the cleansing of skin pores and favouring blood circulation. Temperatures
are between 45 and 48° C, humidity medium-high and benches are heated at 39°C. Herbs and
natural essences can also be used.
• Tepidarium, 37-39°C, low humidity
The Tepidarium offers an optimal support for the immunity and regenerative activities of the
Heat is equally distributed in all parts of the body, making it a perfect place for resting and
recuperating from daily stress.
• Steam bath enriched with salt steam.
This particular steam bath is equipped with a salt micronizer that guarantees the correct
percentage of salt is released into the air, to further amplify the beneficial effects of the sitting.
STEAM BATH OPTIONALS
• Music therapy for steam bath
Entering a Stenal Turkish bath means clearing your mind and forgetting the labors of the day,
and starting to enjoy maximum relaxation. Modern hammam is a place of multisensory well-
being that involves sight, hearing and smell and aims to reconstruct a balance too often
compromised by the stresses of modern life.
Music therapy enhances relaxing feelings through special water-proof loudspeakers that can be
connected to an external source (mp3 player, stereo, smartphone) to spread inside the cabin a
pleasant relaxing music. Along with the speakers comes the CD "Music for Relaxation", a
compilation specially designed to accompany the session in the Turkish bath.
• Aromarium for steam bath
Into the Turkish bath, as in all wet environments, even the smell wants its share.
Stimulating feelings of calm and quiet or awakening optimism through energizing fragrance is
extremely important to link a beautiful memory to the positive experience of the Turkish bath.
The Aromarium with 4 balsamic essences allows you to start an "olfactory journey" guided by
aromas based on high quality natural essential oils, specifically designed to come into contact
with skin, hair and Turkish bath plants.
• Chromotherapy for steam baths
If you dream to relax under the magic of an Eastern sky, the starry sky is the option that you
cannot miss in your Turkish bath. The soft transition between one color and the other activates
the beneficial sensations related to chromo therapy; through the stop-color option, you can
also choose your favorite colored light into the steam bath.
The whole plant is designed to be extremely quiet, as devices with their hum and mechanical
sounds risk to ruin the relaxing atmosphere of the Turkish bath.
The length of the optical fibers and the number of bright points vary depending on the design
of the Turkish bath, and they are always arranged so as to achieve the optimal chromatic effect.
• Salty Fog
The salty fog plant consists of a technique to be housed in a lining near the Turkish bath, and it
is used to enrich the environment of salt ions. The steam is saturated with a fine salty mist that
uses the healthy properties of the salt to enhance the benefits of the hammam session.
The heat and humidity act on multiple levels:
- They help muscle relaxation and skin purification by opening and cleaning the pores of the
- They act against stress;
- The salty climate is a powerful ally for respiratory system.
A Turkish bath by Stenal means a complete wellness experience.
To enjoy the steam bath benefits to the fullest, the most effective way would be to install a
steam bath cabin or upgrade your shower to a steam shower status. This is also the most
expensive way and doesn’t really fit within everybody’s budget or available floor surface
There are however more affordable options to give your health and skin some steamy
Visit @ http://goo.gl/nFZjB3
Follow Us On