Alba Coro Martín 4ºA
Mar Corteguera Lorenzo 4ºB
• Our high school is in Ribadesella,
• It’s near St. Marina beach.
• When you cross the river Sella, the
second street on the right is Avelina
Cerra street. On the corner of the
street with the street
Dionísio Ruisánchez is our high school.
• Avelina Cerra high school was opened in 1967.
• Mr. Dionisio Ruisánchez Fuentes married
Mrs. María Teresa Avelina Cerra Rosete and
created the Ruisánchez foundation.
• The Ruisánchez foundation created the
Avelina Cerra high school.
• During 1975/76 vocational training courses
began to be taught.
• During 1991/92 the new Centre opened.
• Our high school has got three floors.
• On the ground floor there are the cafè,
the library, the caretaker’s room,
secretary, the teacher’s room, computer
room 1, the gym, the workshop, the new
technologies room and assembly hall.
• On the first floor there are the
classrooms from one to six, the
departments of biology,
physics and chemistry and
Spanish language, the
laboratories of biology and
physics and chemistry and art 1.
In our high school we have got various levels :
We have got E.S.O.:
And we have got Bachillerato :
The subjects at our high school and specially in 4th E.S.O, which is our level:
-Physics and Chemistry
Next year when we finish E.S.O.
(compulsory secondary education) we
can choose two diferents ways, we can
study F.P. (vocational training) or we
can study BACHILLERATO.
If we study BACHILLERATO the next
way is going to university so we must
to do PAU, an entrance examination to
The Spanish current education system is :
-Pre-school education : The children are
from 0 to 2 years old .
-Primary education: The children are from 6
to 12 years old .
-Secondary education: The chilcren are from
12 to 16 years old .
-BACHILLERATO : people from 16 to 18 years