LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestras Condiciones de uso y nuestra Política de privacidad para más información.
LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestra Política de privacidad y nuestras Condiciones de uso para más información.
The Surf Club Project
22 April 2013
• Dulux is an internationally recognized leader of highquality paint products, founded in 1918.
– “At DuluxGroup we help our consumers to imagine
and create better places and spaces in which to live
and work. We do this by applying
knowledge, quality, innovation and inspiration”
• Brand mascot
– Old English Sheepdog first introduced to campaign in
• Brand slogan
– “Worth doing, worth Dulux.”
• Dulux sought to emphasize the quality and toughness of
their outdoor paint, Weathershield, through the Surf Club
Project and partnership with Surf Life Saving Australia.
• The Surf Club Project aimed to help protect some of the
country’s most important buildings from Australia’s harsh
weather conditions, by donating money towards a
“repaint” for every surf club in the country over the next
– Shows that Dulux supports the community and the people who
– Started in Dec. 2011; continued until all 315 clubs are painted.
• Unique approach; brand exudes confidence with risky
• To today’s homeowners, Dulux is the leading brand of
paint manufacturer that offers long-lasting products and
understands the effect of harsh Australian conditions on
• TCB Model:
– Target customer: Individual, male or female, looking to better the beach
– Category need: Customers need to protect their homes and workplaces
from UV damage, mold, and all types of extreme weather conditions. They
want a solution that is made to last.
– Key benefit: With DuluxWeathershield, customers receive peace-of-mind
that their home or place of work will withstand any harsh conditions.
• I-D-U Benefit Analysis
– DuluxWeathershield is ensured to withstand any tough
weather conditions and protect Australia’s most
Dulux is currently the #1
largest brand in architectural
and decorative paints in the
industry, with Wattyl coming
Dulux faces competition
from several other exterior
paint brands who claim to
do the same thing (produce
paint that will endure
Australian climate) and have
similar qualities, but still
dominates over 40% of the
• Primary audience:
• Surf Club administrators, local council members
• Males & females, ages 30-55
• Live or work near coastal areas of Australia
• Interested in preserving surf clubs and its members
• Interested in community affairs
• Secondary audience:
• First, second, and third homeowners, male and female, ages 25-60
• Live on the Australian coastline
• Enjoy fixing up their houses, care about the aesthetic appeal of their homes
"Surf life saving clubs sit on some of the most exposed coastline in Australia and
as a patrolling surf lifesaver I've witnessed the severe impact harsh Australian
weather has on our clubs. The partnership with Dulux will breathe new life into surf
life saving clubs to preserve these vitally important buildings for the next
generation," said Surf Life Saving Australia President Graham Ford.
• Dulux uses a friendly, appealing tone in their ads to talk about
something that is rather serious and important to Australian life.
• The integrated campaign was meant to highlight the importance of
Surf & Rescue clubs and the work that they do.
• Surf Club Project site was created to track the progress of the
repaint initiative, including ways for anyone to help out and share
Video profiles for painted surf clubs
- 1/3 of Australian surf clubs signed up for a repaint immediately after the
- DuluxFacebook fan base doubled
- Sales of Weathershield paint increased by 36%