1. JIM BELLO
Bethlehem, PA 18020
Summary of Qualifications
• Senior developer with over 20 years experience with Microsoft Windows for both desktop
applications and web development in all phases of the SDLC process.
• Over 10 years experience working as a consultant for Fortune 500 companies such as Dunn &
Bradstreet, AT&T and Lucent Technologies building both desktop and web applications.
Certifications: MCTS - Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007, MCSE (NT 4.0), MCP, MCP+I, A+
.NET Skill Set:
.NET Framework 2.0/3.5 and Common Type System, C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, ADO.NET, .NET Class
Libraries, Web Services, SOA, SOAP
SQL Server, 6.5, 7, 2000, 2005
Windows 3.x, 95, 98, NT 4.0, 2000, XP, Vista
Visual Studio 2005/2008, Visual Studio 6.0, .NET Framework, ASP.NET, Windows API, ADO.NET, ADO,
ODBC, AJAX, Aspose Cells, Aspose Words, Aspose PDF, DotNetNuke, SharePoint 2007
SetFocus, LLC. 2010
SharePoint Masters Program
The SetFocus SharePoint Master’s Program is an intensive, hands–on, project oriented
program where participants gain knowledge and valuable experience in putting the
SharePoint skill set to use in a simulated work environment.
• Designed and established a SharePoint application to support the towing providers of
a construction company.
• Created an intranet solution based on SharePoint Server 2007 that included the
following functionality: Branding, Shared content, Shared Calendars (integrated with
Outlook), editable newsletter, shared contact management lists, financial dashboards
and customizable reports.
Page 1 of 5
2. • Extended the intranet solution to the extranet.
• Created different sites for the company’s different towing providers with custom look
• Developed InfoPath 2007 forms allowing programmatic submission to a MOSS Form
Library initiating workflow processes as below:
o Created an invoice form for the company’s towing providers and setup a
workflow using Visual Studio 2005, manifest.xml and feature.xml
o Created a purchase order for the company
o Generated an email to the designated company official
• Configured the document library to notify Tow providers on the status change of
• Implemented Content Management to allow publishing content out to its providers.
• Designed and established a SharePoint application to support the creation and
management of Acme Inc.’s SharePoint Solutions.
o A single SharePoint site for this project, a Developer Knowledge Base.
o A custom site template for new Solution Sites.
o A custom List Definition to display all Solutions.
o A change management requests list to track all change management
o A change management request form in InfoPath 2007 to allow managers to
submit feature requests.
o A dashboard site that presents Solution information using the native
SharePoint Search functionality.
• Developed and deployed:
o A custom web part to create new Solution sites using a user-specified
Page 2 of 5
o A custom web part that displays all of the created Solution sites in a grid
o A custom web part that allows users to perform custom keyword searches
and presents the results in a display grid.
• Backed up and organized all of the project files for disaster recovery.
Active Data Exchange, Bethlehem, PA 2010
Active Data Exchange develops and markets a web based calendar application. As part of their new Client
Services division I was lead DotNetNuke developer. My responsibilities included:
• Creating custom modules using both C# and VB.NET.
• Installation and configuration of DotNetNuke 5.0 software.
• Skinning of site pages from HTML layouts provided by the graphics design staff.
Projects were developed with SQL Server 2008 and Visual Studio 2008.
Senior Web Applications Developer
Ignite2x, Bethlehem, PA 2008 – 2009
Ignite2x is a cable advertising company which is a subsidiary of Viamedia (formerly Target Select). As part of
the programming staff consisting of two developers my responsibilities included:
• Participating in development and maintenance of client websites.
• Supported the corporate client facing website.
• Creating Web Services.
• Developed the parsing process of the Hotels Combined XML data used for the
Projects were developed using C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, ADO.NET and DotNetNuke 4.9.
ECRI Institute, Plymouth Meeting PA. 2006 – 2007
ECRI Institute is a non-profit agency that monitors and tests medical devices. It also provides product defect
announcements to participating hospitals to manage potential liability. My responsibilities included:
• Development of several Windows Forms applications in .NET 2.0 and C#.
• Participated in the development team for their Alerts Tracker web application that provides updates
to hospitals on industry recall information using ASP.NET and VB.NET.
• Created InfoPath forms as required by internal teams for information collection.
Page 3 of 5
4. Projects were developed using C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, ADO.NET and SQL Server 2005.
See attached letter of recommendation.
SetFocus LLC 2006
.NET Developer - Master's Program
• Developed solutions for diverse programming scenarios in C# 2.0 using Visual Studio 2005,
employing object–oriented programming concepts such as; encapsulation, inheritance,
polymorphism, and abstraction.
• Used C# 2.0 and ADO.NET 2.0 to define and implement secure middle-tier components using both
connected and disconnected environment strategies. Components were consumed by web
applications and windows applications utilizing SQL Server 2005 and stored procedures to perform
logical business transactions.
• Created and deployed web applications and XML Web Services using ASP.NET 2.0. Consumed
Web Services from both Windows Forms and ASP.NET web applications.
• Created complex business components in C# 2.0 using .NET Class Library assemblies for use in
enterprise-level multi-tier distributed applications designed for high performance, throughput,
transactional support, and scalability.
• Developed a Windows n-tiered “Public Library Management System” application and then ported the
application to a dynamic ASP.NET Internet/Intranet model utilizing the same secure middle tier data
access components. Non-public web pages were secured using Windows integrated and ASP.NET
forms security models.
The positions below all involved working with Microsoft Windows using either C or C++ with the exception of
Varityper where I started using C prior to the release of Microsoft Windows on a Dec PDP-11/70. Starting in
1998 I switched from C++ to Classic ASP and VB Script on the server side. Most of the web development
was middle tier and back end.
Software Consultant, Eracent, Inc. Glen Gardner NJ.
Assigned to Lucent Technologies, Warren, NJ 2000 – 2005
Software Consultant, DMR Consulting Group, Edison NJ. 1996 – 2000
Assigned to Lucent Technologies, Hopewell NJ.
Software Consultant, TRECOM Business Systems, Edison NJ, 1993 – 1996
Assigned to AT&T Network Systems, Berkley Heights NJ.
Software Consultant, TRECOM Business Systems, Edison NJ, 1992 – 1993
Assigned to AT&T IMS Division, Bridgewater NJ.
Senior Systems Analyst 1988 – 1992
Dun & Bradstreet
Programmer 1982 – 1988
A.M. Varityper, East Hanover, NJ.
Page 4 of 5
5. U.S. Navy Viet Nam Era Veteran
Submarine Service – Underwater Weapons Fire Control Technician
Page 5 of 5