• The Perdana Botanical Garden, formerly known
as Taman Tasik Perdana or Lake Gardens
• located in the Heritage Park of Kuala Lumpur.
• It has always been a part of the green lung of the
city and has a history of over a decade.
• built in 1888 by A.R.Venning, the state treasurer of
• In 1975, the late Tun Hj. Abdul Razak, the second
Prime Minister of Malaysia officially launched the
new image of the Lake Gardens, renaming it the
Taman Tasik Perdana, or the Perdana Lake
• On 28th June 2011, the Prime Minister YAB
Dato’ Sri Mohd. Najib bin Tun Hj. Abdul Razak
launched Perdana Botanical Garden.
• Originally created as part of a recreational park
but planted with collections of tropical plants,
the garden have been rehabilitated and turned
into a Botanical Garden.
• The garden have not only botanical collections
but also house features that give the visitors the
ambiance of being in a tropical rainforest,
despite being in the middle of a bustling
Type of Park – Urban Park
• Parks in cities and
other incorporated places to offer
recreation and green space to
residents and visitors.
• The design, operation
and maintenance is usually done
by government, typically on
the local level.
• Common features of municipal
include playgrounds, gardens,
hiking, running and fitness trails .
• Being a public park, the main
activities were concentrated on the
jogging paths and exercise facilities
along the way.
• On occasions such as this launch in
1975, fishing competitions were
• Concerts were also held at the
amphitheatre, the Panggung
• ‘Panggung Anniversary’, it was the
venue where many pop musicians
and rock stars of Kuala Lumpur star
ted their road to fame in the country.
Waterfall – gives off a tropical feeling
FERNARIUM - spans the whole length of the boardwalk. has 100 over species of ferns found in Malaysia.
THE AMPHITHEATRE - Built in the late sixties, concerts were held. The theatre was refurbished and a roof was added over the seats on the slopes.
SUNKEN GARDEN - made out of Acalypha siamensis, and Loropetalum chinense shrubs with addition flowerings on the slopes
THE CONSERVATORy - The area around the conservatory has been landscaped to be a typical tropical garden. Collections of geraniums, aroids, and other foliage plants can be found.