1. Office Services Division Company History: Of the 800 North American Van agents nationwide, Sterling is the 3 rd largest with total sales of over $27 million. Our size allows us to offer many advantages, unlike most other moving companies, who use the same resources to perform all their services, (household goods, high tech and trade show transportation, storage and office moving). Sterling has created distinct divisions that specializes in one service area. This specialization allows us to become much more proficient in each area, resulting in better service to our customers. Our Office Services Division is a classic example of this philosophy. Established in 1994, our Office Services Division was created to meet the needs of the diverse business community in New England. This Group was created and is managed by Jerry Markow and Michael Norton, who between them, have over 30 years of experience selling, planning and managing office and industrial relocations. The Office Services Division has grown rapidly to include 100 people and now represents over $9 million in gross annual sales; more than 3 time our nearest competitor. During the past 15 years, we have concentrated on bringing on board the most talented people in the industry, with an eye towards offering our customers a single-source project team. We have accomplished our goal of becoming the leading commercial moving company in New England. In addition to our moving services, we offer installation of modular furniture, pallet racking, inventory and warehouse shelving as well as caging. We also disconnect and reconnect desktop computers. All installations are handled in house. We DO NOT subcontract these tasks as most movers must.
4. The Move Process: Proper Walkthrough This is where the move begins. You will notice Sterling’s Project Managers take detailed inventories. They ask probing questions and seek first hand knowledge, rather than price your relocation based on assumptions or standards. Create a Move Plan From the the inventory we will determine the accurate number of truckloads. Armed with this information, as well as the logistics surveyed during the walk-thru, we will design a plan that most effectively makes use of proper manpower and time. Present the Plan It is important to us that our plan is realistic. We create a plan that takes our customers’ specific goals into account. At the same time our extensive knowledge will ensure that their expectations are both practical and attainable. We work with the customer to create a plan where everybody wins. Pre-Move Meetings Our Project Managers meet with you, your staff and employees, as necessary to educate all involved throughout the process. Labeling, packing, floor plans and special equipment concerns are discussed. We are also available to meet with your other vendors. People like your construction contractor, as well as your furniture, cabling and telephone people. Move Day At this point all packing and labeling has been completed. Your computers have been disconnected and the staff has left for the day. The move plan is then executed. Once the last truck has been loaded, a final walk-thru is performed to ensure nothing has been overlooked. This walk-thru will guarantee that all items have been delivered to their proper locations. Post Move This is an optional service performed by a small crew, generally the first business day after the move. We will perform tasks such as unpacking, fine tuning of furniture, hanging whiteboards and removing crates.
6. Mover Qualifications: Location: Sterling has a total of 9 facilities in 4 different States. The main headquarters is in in Lowell, MA as is the Facility for the Office Services Division . Number of Full Time Employees: Sterling’s Office Services Division has 90 full-time employees. The Sterling System has close to 200 full-time employees. Average Length of Service: The average length of service for the office moving crew is 5 years. As well, the average length of service for our supervisory personnel is 10 years. (Note: our Office Services Division has only been in business since 1994!) Experience of Supervisory Personnel: Scott Reiland 8 Years Ken Ames 14 years Dan Kortjohn 10 years Mike Norton 14 years Skip Church 16 years John Palmieri 8 years Shaun Delaney 12 years Rick Condon 15 years Frank Guerriero 10 years Ken Train 15 years Skipper Church 8 years Gary Babcock 15 years Carlos Fennelly 10 years
9. Electronics Labs – Test Equipment Labs & Test Equipment Libraries and Stockrooms Office Services Division
10. Office Services Division / Warehouse Solutions Description of Warehouses: All of Sterling’s warehouses are fully alarmed and contain sprinkler systems. All facilities use a combination of open floor space and pallet racking, with the majority of items being palletized and racked. Billerica and Lowell, MA warehouses make use of our Computerized Asset Management Systems. Each item is entered into this system electronically using bar code technology. Our customer’s inventories are updated on a real-time basis. Many large customers are supplied with their own terminal and can track their inventory in their own facility. A listing of our warehouses and total square footage is as follows: Billerica 70,000 sqft Lowell (1) 40,000 sqft Lowell (2) 110,000 sqft Connecticut (1) 25,000 sqft Connecticut (2) 25,000 sqft Maryland (1&2) 75,000 sqft Virginia 20,000 sqft __________ Total: 430,000 sqft
14. Move Plans Move Time Line Numbering Systems, Color Coding, etc. Pre-Move Meetings Full Service Moves On-site Project Management Post Move Follow-up What we do… that adds VALUE