1. John B. Marquart
Innovative Business Technology Leader and Enterprise Architect with proven ability to
analyze and pragmatically solve complex business challenges. Strategic thinker with a tenacious
drive to deliver high quality results that plans for the future while simultaneously delivering
immediate value for clients. Excellent interpersonal and team building skills with a passion for
helping others to grow and succeed. Articulate, personable, and well-rounded professional that
thrives when continually challenged. Adept at organizing programs and initiatives, ensuring
successful execution through proper Project Management discipline, but equally comfortable
with agile methods and adapting to rapidly changing business requirements and conditions.
Keystone Foods, LLC. 2001 - Present
Global food manufacturer and distributor with operations in 12 countries and revenues of $6.5B.
2010 - present BTS Architect & Project Manager
Enterprise Architect responsible for EA program management and value delivery. Collaborate with
business and BTS leaders to create BTS strategy in alignment with business objectives. Fill
various architect and PM roles as needed, including solution architecture and project oversight.
• Lead the development of BTS strategy in support of business strategy and goals.
• Lead capability-mapping activities for business and BTS team members.
• Lead technology and application portfolio planning activities within the BTS team.
• Research and publish knowledge documents, best practice guides, and Points-of-View.
• Foster innovation and manage risk with Proof-of-Concept methods and projects.
• Rationalize the technology and application portfolio to efficiently support business needs.
• Manage high profile projects and initiatives, specifically those of strategic value.
• Developed and led the Enterprise Architecture Program within Keystone. Responsible for
the genesis and delivery of all program deliverables, with a strong focus on alignment to
business strategy and impact on business outcomes. EA program activities focus on
strategy, innovation, planning, and pragmatic application of governance.
• Key member of the Organizational Alignment Team that transformed the IT group from an
Infrastructure and Operational focus to a Business Technology Services team that directly
serves Keystone’s global business objectives.
• Created the business case and architecture for a global collaboration service, consolidating
more than a dozen disparate environments into a single global platform that provided cost
savings exceeding $1M. Led project start-up activities, creation of reference and solution
architectures, wrote project charter, eventually transitioning to a project steering role.
• Core member of the Enterprise Innovation Team, leading the initiative to encourage global
participation and capture and share ideas with an innovation management process.
• Led ‘Team Keystone’ through three Chicago Marathons, raising over $47,000 for Ronald
McDonald House Charities, receiving accolades for innovating fund raising techniques.
2. 2004 - 2010 Director of IT
Directly responsible for the architecture, operation, and support of enterprise IT services,
infrastructure, and critical business systems and technology enabled business processes.
• Report directly to the Global CIO and act as CTO in establishing technology architecture
standards & strategic plan for the IT infrastructure.
• Directly responsible for $5M in operating & capital budgets; influence over an additional
$50M in other business units. Significant vendor and contract management oversight.
• Led a staff of 15 IT professionals and business analysts with dotted line and direct
influence to 100+ additional technologists and analysts in other global business units.
• Accountable for ensuring high levels of system availability and performance for all
enterprise business systems and technology enabled processes.
• Core member of the Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) team, leading numerous
projects to reduce carbon footprint and environmental impact.
• Led a data center consolidation project saving approximately $300K annually while
dramatically improving system reliability and resiliency.
• Transformed the IT Operations group into a highly effective team by implementing ITIL
process fundamentals and fostering a collaborative approach to job tasks, resulting in
much improved system uptime and customer satisfaction.
• Led the architecture and project implementation of a global identity management
infrastructure, migrating a dozen disparate Active Directory environments into a single
global automated HR process driven provisioning and authentication platform. Enabled
federation and Single Sign-on capability as well as identify self-service features.
• Led the project implementation of a Business Process Automation platform (MetaStorm)
and managed several global business process reengineering and automation projects.
2002 – 2004 Network Services Manager
Directly responsible for the architecture, capacity planning, operation and staff that supported
enterprise network services and technology.
• Management and architecture of WAN, LAN, WLAN, voice and video infrastructure.
• Provided data center services for business units and other IT groups.
• Management and architecture of Windows Domain Services.
• Lead Network Engineer and Architect, serving as an internal global consulting resource.
• Lead security engineer. Responsible for network, system and data center security.
• Led RFP, architecture & project implementation teams in transformation of domestic WAN,
moving from legacy service to MPLS. Implemented end-to-end QoS and monitoring.
Standardized routing, equipment and configuration. Implemented full network resiliency.
• Created business case and led the project team responsible for successfully implementing
a $1.2M enterprise Avaya VoIP phone system, resulting in savings of over $500K in annual
telecom cost and significantly improving enterprise telephony capability.
• Created business case, architected, project managed and successfully implemented
enterprise-wide WLAN services.
3. 2001 – 2002 Network Engineer
Responsible for the design, configuration and administration of domestic WAN, all enterprise LAN
switches and all PBX, voicemail and telephony equipment.
• Wrote the business case and successfully project managed the migration from an in-house
remote access solution to a managed service, improving capability and saving $100K.
• Wrote the business case, architected, and successfully project managed the migration of
enterprise IT systems from numerous disparate ‘server rooms’ to data center collocation
services, significantly improving IT system availability while reducing operating costs.
Thermacore International 1997 – 2001
R&D and thermal engineering services company with global manufacturing operations and
revenues of $75M.
1997 – 2001 Network & Systems Engineer
• Led the team responsible for the architecture, implementation and administration of global
network services including clients, servers, networks and telephony equipment.
• Architected, implemented, and administered the 500 node international network including
all switches, routers and firewalls. Provided security best practices and administration.
• Core member of the SAP implementation team providing technical leadership and
foundational administration. Lead Basis and authorizations administrator.
• Led several Java programming projects that provided web based thermal design tools for
customers and partners.
• Programmed PLC and other manufacturing control equipment and maintained SPC systems
• Maintained MAS90 ERP system and provided support for clients and business processes.
1995 - 1997 75B – Software Analyst, E-4 PA Army National Guard
1987 - 1991 GMG3 – Gunners Mate United States Navy
Education & Certification
2012 PMP Credentials. Awarded by PMI Institute.
2005 MBA, Penn State - Great Valley. Awarded high honors.
1998 BS, Computer Science & Math, Millersville University of PA. Awarded high honors.