LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestras Condiciones de uso y nuestra Política de privacidad para más información.
LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestra Política de privacidad y nuestras Condiciones de uso para más información.
LESSON PLAN IN GRADE 8
(FOR FINAL DEMO TEACHING)
8 – UCHI
At the end of the lesson, the students will be able to:
Identify the first two types of conditional sentences and construct samples.
II. SUBJECT MATTER:
Topic: Conditional Sentences
Book: K + 12 Basic Education Teaching Guide in English 8
Other Reference: www.readwritethink.com/conditionalsentences
A. Preliminary Activities:
B. Motivation: “Pair Me”
1. The class sees two sets of pictures posted in the board.
2. The first set are the pictures considered as the “If Cards”. Basically,
they are the images that depict the condition or the cause of the
3. The second set of pictures are the “Action Cards” or the images
illustrating the possible outcomes of a particular cause.
4. The learners make the first step in making conditional sentences
through pairing pictures.
Picture 1 Picture 2
1. Students, in 5 groups, receive paper strips.
2. On it are sentences in two columns.
3. The first column are “if clauses” while the second column are the
4. They are going to match the two columns to make complete
5. They come up with the following sentences:
If people eat too much, they get fat.
If you touch a fire, you get burned.
People die if they don't eat.
Snakes bite if they are scared.
If babies are hungry, they cry.
If it rains, I won't go to the park.
If I study today, I'll go to the party tonight.
If I have enough money, I'll buy some new shoes.
She'll be late if the train is delayed.
She'll miss the bus if she doesn't leave soon.
1. After the activity, the students participate in a discussion by
answering these questions:
What have you observed in the sentences?
What assumptions can you draw based on the tenses of the
When do we use “if” or “when?”
1. The learners acquire knowledge regarding the following points:
Conditional sentences are used to express that the action in the
main clause (without if) can only take place if a certain condition (in
the clause with if) is fulfilled.
Types of Conditional Sentences:
Zero Conditionals – are used to express facts, rules, things
that are 100% true.
HOW TO CONSTRUCT ZERO CONDITIONALS:
IF/WHEN + SIMPLE PRESENT VERB + SIMPLE
Open Conditionals – conditionals that have a high possibility
of happening in the future.
HOW TO CONSTRUCT OPEN CONDITIONALS:
IF + SIMPLE PRESENT VERB + WILL + SIMPLE
2. The students reflect on the question:
Why is it important to know the possible outcome of our
1. The learners completes the following sentences by making their own
o If I see a sad story in the news,_______________________.
o If I work hard, _____________________.
o If I exercise, ____________________________.
o When we get to the hotel,____________________.
o I feel relaxed when_________________.
1. The class answers this activity.
Instructions: Choose the appropriate words for the sentence to make it grammatically
1. (If, When) you don’t study, you (will fail, must fail) the test.
2. Look in the fridge and you (do find, will find) cold drinks.
3. I (will lend, shall lend) you my umbrella (if, when) you need it.
4. The sea level (rises, rose, rise) if the sun (gets, got) hotter.
5. (When, If) you decide what time you are leaving, (give, will give) me a call.
Identification: If the sentence is a Zero Conditional, write ZC if it’s is an Open
Conditional, write OC.
________1. Water drops from clouds when it rains.
________2. I will go back to sleep if it rains.
________3. The ball bounces when it falls.
________4. If you wake up early, you will see the sunrise.
________5. I will go skiing if it snows.
1. The students will bring dictionary for tomorrow’s activity.
JUSTINE PAULO TAPIL
Ms. ALMA P. UCHI