4 September 2017 1
Retirement in success
Self management living
CPA Kandole Patrick
Different shades of Self management
• Self-management refers to methods, skills,
and strategies by which individuals can
effectively direct their own activities toward
the achievement of own objectives.
• Where do you want to be today, tomorrow?
4 September 2017 2
4 September 2017 4
• It might not be possible to manage
everything but you could try doing that
in a few spheres.
• The reason for this being that you are
responsible for everything that
happens in your life
• So, it is better to learn to accept as well as
take total responsibility for yourself.
• If you do not manage yourself, then you are
letting others have control of your Life.
• Planning and monitoring-self-evaluation, how
far are you from the target
• Self Esteem-Exude confidence in whatever
assignment or task you do.
• Positive Thinking- have a good mental
attitude toward the upcoming task, Instead of
telling yourself, “I can’t do that very well,”
say, “I can do this very well.”
4 September 2017 5
• Self drive-scheduling, timing of each step and action,
task tracking, monitor and control actions and costs,
• Monitoring and evaluation-self-intervention, so
what do I do to remain on coarse , Self
evaluation question- “Is what I am doing right
now moving me toward my goals?”
4 September 2017 6
• Get it right at the first
attempt- Do it right the
first time and you will
not have to take time
later to fix it
• Stress Management-
Able to work under
• Relationships -Able to
get along with others,
4 September 2017 7
• Time Management- Able to meet deadlines
• Decision making- Able to make important
decisions on my own
• Communication Skills- body, spoken, writing,
• Business Skills- provision of services or selling?
• Personal development-invest in yourself, reward
yourself for achievements made
4 September 2017 8
• Determination and commitment- look at every
new opportunity as an exciting and new
• Accept responsibility for your successes and
failures. Do not look for a scapegoat, blame
government, relatives, parents… it is about YOU!!!
• Practice self-determination- Do not view things you
do as a “job.” View all activities as a challenge.,
wanting to do it for yourself
4 September 2017 9
• Practice your personal beliefs. It may be helpful each morning
to take 15 minutes to gather your thoughts and say a prayer
• Self “motivation board”-write what to want to do, when an
item is done, remove the note. Show your goals
• Never criticize yourself as having a weakness. It is just a
present undeveloped skill or part of yourself that if you so
chose, you can change.
4 September 2017 10
You do not have any
• Encourage yourself Talk to yourself when you feel
that the chips are down. A self-talk using positive
affirmation is something that is common among all
great achievers. “I did it”
• Stay curious, interested and inquisitive-the urge
determines the learning curve of an individual.
4 September 2017 11
• Push yourself to the limit-. Start with one
assignment or task and soon you will make it a
habit! Challenge yourself to do things differently
than you have in the past.
4 September 2017 12
Self challenge provides
new ideas and keeps
How are we doing? Any issues?
Self management in retirement
CPA Kandole Patrick
4 September 2017 13
Parece que tiene un bloqueador de anuncios ejecutándose. Poniendo SlideShare en la lista blanca de su bloqueador de anuncios, está apoyando a nuestra comunidad de creadores de contenidos.
¿Odia los anuncios?
Hemos actualizado nuestra política de privacidad.
Hemos actualizado su política de privacidad para cumplir con las cambiantes normativas de privacidad internacionales y para ofrecerle información sobre las limitadas formas en las que utilizamos sus datos.
Puede leer los detalles a continuación. Al aceptar, usted acepta la política de privacidad actualizada.