LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestras Condiciones de uso y nuestra Política de privacidad para más información.
LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestra Política de privacidad y nuestras Condiciones de uso para más información.
MALABON ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
Table of Specification
SECOND GRADING PERIODICAL TEST
LEVEL OF UNDESTANDING % of
1.LISTENING Knowledge Process Understanding Performance
1. Note details in a story
5 1-5 5 10%
Ask simple questions
Using Do and Does
3 6-8 3 6%
3. Reading Comprehension
A. Reread and self-correct
Skimming of ideas.
3 9-10 3 6%
B. Sequence series of
5 10-15 5 10%
4. Phonics and Word
A. Decode words with
Digraph /ch/ intial as in
Chin and /ch/ final
2 16-17 2 4%
B. Decode words with
Digraph wh/ ,ph/ ,/th/ and
4 18-21 4 8%
C. Decode words with long
Vowel sounds a, i,o and
4 22-25 4 8%
A. Use action words in
3 26-28 3 6%
B. Form and use simple
Past tense of frequently
Occurring regular verbs.
4 29-32 4 8%
C. Use the simple present
tense of verbs.
4 33-36 4 8%
A. Words with the same
Meaning ( synonyms)
4 37-41 4 8%
B. Words with opposite
Meaning ( opposite )
4 42-45 4 8%
Spell words with the long
vowel sound and digraphs
5 45-50 6 12%
CORAZON U. JASPE
DISTRICT I OF MALABON
MALABON ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
Grade & Section______________ Teacher _____________________
A. Listen to the story carefully. In the blank before each item, write the letter of
the correct answer to thegiven situation.
_______1. Who rides a bike?
a. Mother b. a friend c. Mike d. father
_______2. What happened to him when he rides his bike and flies a kite?
a. He fell on his bike. C. He bumped on a tree.
b. Nothing happened to him. D. He enjoyed it very much.
_______3. What did his mother advise him?
a. You need to tie your kite well on your bike.
b. Do not fly a kite when you ride a bike.
c. Ask a friend to assist you when you fly a kite and ride a bike.
d. You should hold the string firmly.
_______4. Did Mike follow his mom’s advice?
a. Yes, he does but still flies a kite with a friend on his back.
b. No, and flies a kite again while riding a bike.
c. Yes, he did because he realized that what he did was dangerous.
d. No, and still flies a kite but runs the bike slowly.
______ 5. What is the ending of the story?
a. Mike rides a bike and not flying a kite.
b. He flies a kite but not riding a bike.
c. He played with another game with his friends.
d. He went fishing instead.
Fill in the gaps with either DO or DOES and write an answer to each question.
6. _______ cats play football? __________________________________.
7. _______ you want to come with me? _________________________________.
8._________ he always do that? ____________________________.
III. READING COMPREHENSION
Choose the right idea by scanning the pictures. Write on the blank space the letter of
the correct answer.
A B C
9. _______ Danny returns the wallet to the man. The man is happy. Almira isproud of Danny.
10. ________Danny sees a wallet that fell from the man’s pocket.
11. ________Danny and Almira are walking along the grocery lane.
Sequence the events that happened in the story “The Big Day”. Write numbers
On the space provided before each number.
12. ________She practiced a song number with her friends.
13.________She mopped the floor and threw the garbage out.
14.________ She invited her relatives and friends.
15.________ Ana went to the market with her mother.
IV. PHONICS AND WORD RECOGNITION
A. Digraphs: sh, ch, wh, ph&th
Directions: Choose the best digraph to complete the word for each sentence.
16. I’d like some ____eese on my burger, please. ( ch , wh, ph )
17. I didn’t notice that my wat_____stops that is why I am late. (ch ,wh, ph )
18. Be careful using that knife because it is very ____arp. ( ch, wh, sh )
19. My favorite subjects are Science and Ma_____.( wh, th , sh )
20. Last ____ursday my mom took me to the movies. ( th, wh, sh)
21. Please answer the ----one when it rings. ( th, wh, ph)
B.DECODING LONG A, I , O AND U VOWEL SOUND
Read it. Answer it.
22. It’s not a snake. It’s sweet and yummy. I ate it yesterday. What is it?
a. a shake b. a cake c. Drake d. a cake
23. My friends love my puppy very much. They like it because it is smart and ____. What is the
a. cute b. naughty c. noisy c. friendly
24. Dogs like to eat this. It is hard but they like it. What is it?
a. meat b. bones c. fish d. rice
25. It is a plastic toy. It is a mind building game. It’s shape has 6 equal side. What is it?
a. tube b. cube
V . GRAMMAR
A. Circle the action verb in each sentence below.
26. The bluebird in the tree sings beautifully.
27. The football team dashes out of the locker room.
28. Harold finds a purple crayon.
B.Fill in the spaces with the correct form of these regular verbs in simple past
29.They (chop) ________ firewood last winter.
30. You (jog) ________ yesterday morning.
31. He (mix) ________ the chemicals together in the lab.
32. She ( dance ) ______ well in the program last Friday.
C.Fill in the spaces with the correct form of the verb in simple present tense.
I (have) 33. _______ a best friend. His name (be) 34. _______ Joe, but everybody (call) 35._______ him
Joey. Joey and I have been friends for a long time. That's the problem. Joey
(like) 36._______ to smoke.
A. Directions: Choose the best synonym for the following words
37. kind 38. glad
B.Directions: Choose the word that is most nearly opposite in meaning to the
word in capital letters.
Color the box with the opposite meaning.
41. CLING 42.PREVENT 43.CONSIDER 44.ARCTIC
a. detach a. avoid a. think a. chilly
b. clutch b. interrupt b. finish b. tropical
c. hide c. stop c. study c. melted
d. slice d. cause d. ignore d. frozen
Write the names of each picture in the box and use the words to make one good
I want to eat that pie. It’s yummy. 45. ____________________