1. Kissmetrics: Analytics to optimize your marketing
2. Data accuracy: the limits of aggregate and sample data Other analytics tools
3. The foundation of Kissmetrics: people, events, and properties People Events Properties Events are tied to People and Properties are tied to People
4. Build a better business by understanding people
5. Events are important actions that people take on your website Tip for new customers: start by creating 5-10 events. Gather data, learn, and adjust. Once you feel more comfortable with the tool, you can then contact our support team to talk about adding to the implementation. 1 2 3 4 Submitted a form Visited site Played video Signed up for newsletter
6. Properties are attributions of a person so you can segment later 1 2 4 Submitted a form Property: First name Property Value: Keara Visited site Property: Device Property Value: mobile Played video Property: Video Name Property Value: 2 min Demo Signed up for newsletter Property: email Property Value: email@example.com 3
7. The cornerstone of Kissmetrics: People-tracking analytics tool Acquisition Activation Activation Activation Retention
8. Questions to ask yourself before building your analytics schema: • What is the goal of your website? • What are your success metrics? • Are you responsible for acquisition, activation, and retention metrics? • What types of questions do you want your analytics tool to answer? • Do you know how your campaigns are performing?
9. How do I find my best performing channels? Properties KM Properties Events Bottleneck
10. When should I start A/B testing? What should I be testing? Original Variant
11. How do I use analytics to make the right optimizations? Tip: A funnel report can be misinterpreted due to attribution and complicated buyer's journey
12. How do I improve my trial experience? Or features within my product? How do you get more people to take your desired action after they see the login page? ● A banner promoting the importance of reports? ● An engagement driving people to the reports? ● A video that shows how awesome reports are?
13. How do I get more customers to repurchase?
14. We are here to help! Addition resources are available https://blog.kissmetrics. com/topics/academy/ Customer Success Academy Support Center http://support.kissmetrics.com/