1. You should / shouldn’t brush your teeth twice a day to
have a bright smile.
2. People should / shouldn’t hurt the animals because they
are our friends.
3. It is going to rain. You should / shouldn’t take an umbrella.
4. We should / shouldn’t sleep at night to be fresh.
5. You should/shouldn’t wash your hands before eating.
6. You should / shouldn’t drink too much coffee.
7. You should / shouldn’t do your homework to be a good
8. We should / shouldn’t help old people.
1. Listen to that music! Our neighbours shouldn’t play music that loud at
2. If your tooth is still hurting you tomorrow, you should go to the dentist.
3. Before going to Madrid for your holidays, you should try and learn
something of the language. You will enjoy things a lot more.
4. You should always knock on the door before entering. This is a private
5. That model on the TV is too skinny. She should eat more, I think!
6. Pregnant women shouldn’t smoke as it can damage the baby.
7. Lizzie should ask Bryan to help her with her studies. He did the same
course last year.
Write four sentences giving advice to tourists
in your country.
1 You should ________________________________________
2 You should ________________________________________
3 You shouldn’t _____________________________________
4 You shouldn’t _____________________________________