1. Software Engineering
TO HELP COUNTER TERRORISM, MANY COUNTRIES ARE
PLANNING THE DEVELOPMENT OF COMPUTER SYSTEMS THAT
TRACK LARGE NUMBERS OF THEIR CITIZENS AND THEIR
Presented by :
Akash Rajguru A00226145
Kapil Rajpurohit A00226144
• The overall responsibilities of the software engineers is to
be aware of what they are working on as well as the impact
of it on environment .
• Morally an engineers should respect the privacy of the
Mobile Device Surveillance system.
It is a system based on MDM solution
It allow government organization :-
• To continuously monitor device movements.
• Data transaction through device.
• Data stored in device.
• Overall control of the device such as locking, wiping out device data, access call
• Idea behind making such software is for public welfare.
• Develop the software which is safe ,meet the standards
,and passes all test.
• Software should not decrease the quality of life and privacy
as it provides high level of safety as well as security.
6. CLIENT AND EMPLOYER
• All resources required for the development of software is
authentically approved from client or employer.
• Software engineers should be informative.
• Honor confidentiality of information (private information
of client or employer should not be compromised ) .
• Understand specifications fully by applying certain
methodology such as fusibility study.
• Ensure adequate testing and debugging are review of
software related documents.
• Software should be up to the standard.
• Software scope should be well defined
• Maintain integrity and independences .
• Avoid conflicting financial interests like bribery, bauble
• Temper technology by keeping ethics in mind.
• Do not accept secret payments from the client
• Ensure good management for any project on which they
work, including effective procedures for promotion of
quality and reduction of risk.
• Software engineers should be informed about standards.
• Software engineers should know the employers policies
and procedure for protecting paswords
• Extend software engineering knowledge by participation in
professional meetings, organizations and publications.
• Software engineers should be accurate about the
characteristics of software on which they are working.
• Avoid association with businesses and organizations which
are in conflict with the system.
• Make responsibility for detecting, correcting and reporting
errors in software.
• Assist colleagues in professional development .
• Give a fair hearing to the opinion, concerns or complaints
of a colleague.
• Encourage colleagues to adhere to this code.
• Review the work of others in an objective and properly-documented
• In situation outside of their own area of competence , call
other professionals who have competence in that area.
• Further their knowledge of development in the analysis ,
design , development , maintenance and testing of
software and related documents.
• Improve their ability to create safe , reliable and quality
software at reasonable cost within reasonable time.
• Improve their ability to produce accurate and well-written
• Not influence others to undertake any action that involve a
breach of the code
• Today the quality of software produced by software
engineers is critical to society.
• Lives depend on the safety and reliability of many software
systems include MDS system (others like control of air
traffic , nuclear power stations etc.)
• In additional to technical capability , the quality of software
products depend on the ethics and professional conduct of
the engineers that developer develop them.