3. SAP Implementation Presentation Headcount Management How powerful would it be to know how many employees we have, where they are, and what they are qualified to do? IT Application Support How much money would be saved if we supported centrally a single technology and application based on standard data? Financial Analysis What strategic analyses could be performed if financial analysts did not spend 70% of their time gathering and transforming the data? Project Management Imagine integrating project management, financial, and HR processes with the ability to perform project scheduling & capacity planning. Using common processes and real-time, global information.
8. Implementation Methodology SAP Implementation Presentation 6 of 7 Stages A logical grouping of components 15 Components A logical grouping of activities 5 Gates A decision point; determine whether the project has met the local implementation ’ s stage requirements Component
9. Propose Stage SAP Implementation Presentation Goals: Using increasing levels of detail, describe the business needs. Business Impact Analysis Affiliate Assessment Conduct Model Office Release Project Plan Project Proposal Business Requirements Detailed Requirements Project Plan & Validation Plan
10. Design Stage SAP Implementation Presentation Goals: Translate requirements into a workable design. Plan testing. Prepare the environment for construction activities Technical Assessment Build Setup Dev Environment Prepare for Informal Integration Testing (IIT) Design Specification Development Environment Test Plan
11. Construct Stage SAP Implementation Presentation Goals: Implement design by coding and/or integrating software. Execute planned testing. Complete supporting materials such as SOPs, user manuals and training materials. Formally turn system over for acceptance testing. Application Development & Unit Testing Informal Integration Testing Training Administration For Existing & New Users Completed SOP’s, Training Manuals & User Manuals Completed Test Plan Source Code
12. Test Stage SAP Implementation Presentation Goals: Complete user acceptance testing and validation reporting. Acceptance Testing Execute Formal Integration Testing (FIT) Validation Reporting Validation Report Completed Test Plan Execute Test Plan
13. Deploy Stage SAP Implementation Presentation Goals: Move a fully functioning system into production. Assess system with Sponsor in post-implementation review. Cutover Go-live Critique & Sponsor Feedback Installation Qualification
14. Support Stage SAP Implementation Presentation Goals: Operate the system according to the specified requirements and procedures. Maintain the system using a change control process. Operations Maintenance Functional System Controlled Maintenance Processes
25. The Challenge of Change Enterprise optimization increases the emphasis on processes and process integration, reducing the emphasis on functions Common business processes will challenge the concepts of initiative and uniqueness that are sometimes a source of local pride New business processes will lead to different jobs and roles, new competency requirements, and new organization structures SAP Implementation Presentation Within an organization everyone will have to change in some way.