3. the signature fundraiser for the American Cancer Society
communities across the globe come together to honor cancer
survivors, remember loved ones lost, and fight back against a
disease that has already taken too much.
Relay teams take turns walking or running around a track or
path at a local high school, park, or fairground. Since cancer
never sleeps, each team is asked to have at least one
participant on the track at all times.
WHAT IS RELAY FOR LIFE?
4. May 13th at River Ridge High School
Time: 6:00 pm
Survivor Lap: During the Survivors Lap, upbeat music plays as
all cancer survivors at the event take the first lap around the
track cheered on by the other participants who line the track,
celebrating their victory over cancer.
Time: 7:00 pm
Luminary Ceremony: The Luminary Ceremony is a time to
remember people we have lost to cancer, to support people
who currently have cancer, and to honor people who have
fought cancer in the past.
Time: 9:00 pm
WHEN IS RELAY FOR LIFE?
6. The student/faculty basketball game will be
held on April 1st
We will NOT be selling tickets, just asking
for donations for fundraising
Bring loose change & any cash to donate to
the American Cancer Society!
8. EHS SGA MEMBERS
QUALIFICATIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
• Candidates for SGA must be dependable, committed and
dedicated to representing and leading Etowah High School.
• Student discipline and school attendance will be factors in
qualification for SGA elections.
• SGA membership carries tremendous responsibility, and your
presence is essential. Mandatory meetings are held twice
monthly. Attendance is taken at all meetings and other SGA
• Regular meetings usually last about 1 hour and take place before
school. Additional meetings may be called for Class Councils,
SGA committees, etc.
• SGA activities include, but are not limited to, Homecoming, Red
Ribbon Week, School Fundraisers, Honors Night, Talent Show,
9. SGA ELECTION PROCEDURES
• Interested students should declare their candidacy
by submitting a completed application form to Mrs.
Fletcher (Room 3111).
• Application deadline is 3:30 pm on March 28th.
• Packets will be available in the Front office or the
Counseling office from March 21-March 25.
• Elections will take place on April 11th in TAA.