LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestras Condiciones de uso y nuestra Política de privacidad para más información.
LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestra Política de privacidad y nuestras Condiciones de uso para más información.
English language teaching with information and communication
ENGLISH LANGUAGE TEACHING WITH INFORMATION ANDCOMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY MANOJ BAB Y M.Ed STUDENT RIEGIONAL INSTITUTE OF EDUCATION MYSORE
ICT-INTRODUCTIONLiteracy in Information and CommunicationTechnologies (ICT) is fundamental to life in ourmodern technological society.To equip students to be literate life long learners andglobal citizens of the 21st century we mustsuccessfully integrate ICT into both the Englishcurriculum and English pedagogical practice
ICT-AS A TOOL• ICT is a valuable tool to enhance teaching and learning.• For teachers ICT is a professional resource. a mode of classroom delivery. a source of valid and valuable text types
• For students, provides opportunities to communicate more effectively and to develop literacy skills including skills in critical literacy. It is a valuable tool for, researching. composing and responding. viewing and representing in English.
HOW ICT HELPS IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE TEACHING• Some of the important advantages of ICT in English language teaching are.• 1. connect it into reality.• 2. possibility to motivate children.• 3. possibility to offer variation in teaching.• 4. possibility to offer forms of teachings.
.• connect it into reality . The possibility to connect the teaching of English to reality, that is to “bring the world in to the classroom”, by, for instance, using authentic texts, reading or listening to current news and creating opportunities for “real” communication.
• possibility to motivate children. – the possibility to motivate students by having them publish their work for a potentially bigger audience than the teacher only.• possibility to offer forms of teachings. – the possibility to offer a form of teaching which is more adapted to individual students interests, learning styles and abilities.
• possibility to offer variation in teaching. – the possibility to offer more variation in ones teaching compared to only or mainly using a textbook and workbook. Some of the other advantages are, 1. using ready-made language exercises on the Internet. 2. using media sites and other websites from organisations and authorities, in order to - for example - work with current events or thematic projects.
• communicating with students in other countries via e-mail and chat, or participating in subject-based discussion forums.• exploit the many reference tools on the internet, such as on-line dictionaries.• create and publish student work, in the form of, for instance, digital storytelling, blogs and wikis
• ICT reduces the burden of teaching learning activity.• It is easy for teachers to give explanations.• Pupil learn beyond the text books.• But most of the teachers have a small fear and they lack of experience keep them away from the use of ict especially computers in their teaching activities.