A: Jump, B: Shoot
What more could you need
Sources for Ideas
• Other media
• Other games
• Combine ideas
• Generate ideas
dlg.tlu.ee - idea generation machine
Sources for Ideas
• Innovative design
• Redefine genre
• Portfolio on new platform
• Try to be the very best in your genre
• Refine the tried and true
• Nostalgia but new
• Tried and true on new platform
• Clear understanding of target audience
• Building up your user base
• Original attitude
Game Idea Description
• 2-3 sentences – 1 paragraph
• Goal of the game
• What player can do (main activity)?
• Why this game is special?
Game Idea Mission Details
• Provide idea for new game
• ALL players have a chance to present the idea
• ALL players pitch the idea 3 min
• Best ideas will be voted and teams formed
• 2 XP for presentation + 2 XP to the winner
Notas del editor
Idea -> Outcome See connection Ask from end users?
Dream – fulfill your dream, Be a God Other media – books, Movies, TV Other games – what to to better Designers want to design new Publishers want to sell … copy Combine ideas – Yellow pages – Math man – serious games Generate ideas – brainstorming, …
Ten Finnish Game Industry Success stories - Jussi 1) Innovative design - e.g. crayon physics ( + marketing also blog to describe the developments) - e.g. Minecraft (sweden) + edv
2) Redefine genre - new game. (why your game is better then others? How is it different?) - e.g. Remedy: Max Payne - shooter game with story, slow motion bullet hitting (bullet time) - cinematic stile of game, - e.g. Alan Wake - listen feedback but don't believe it. e.g. game is to easy (it does not feel powerful enough)
3) Portfolio on new platform - e.g. Sumea (focused on color mobile phones on 2000) - focus on new platforms before they get popular. - where nobody else is making games e.g. smart TV, Google Classes, Oculus rift, Smart watch - they presented them bigger then they were (they got attention from clients) ???
4) Try to be the very best in your genre - e.g. Bugbear - only racing games (to me - focus on business simulations)
5) Refine the tried and true - e.g. Rovio - Angry Birds (they made 51 games before success) - they changed company strategy and focused on successful game (did not started new game).
6) Nostalgia but new - good for advertising, snow ball effect e.g. Mountain Sheep - dungeon master (1987), Legend of Grimrock e.g. Kukouri - Cannon Fodder (90), Tiny Troopers e.g. Almost Human - Hat trick (80), Ice Rage
7) Tried and true on new platform - Supercell (7 million for start) - FarmVille on tablet - Hay day - Mafia war online game (2000) for tablets – Clash of Clans - Gun Shine (core game to Facebook - bad) - Free to play (game is free, but you pay for small things inside the word)
8) Clare understanding of target audience - Best game to specific audience - e.g. Colossal Order - Cities in Motion - Transport Tycoon
9) Building up your user base - advertise to your contacts - reach to the players of your previous games e.g. Fingersoft e.g. hill climb racing
10) Original attitude stair dismount - create as much as pain as possible zen bound - wrap the item with rope
Parece que tiene un bloqueador de anuncios ejecutándose. Poniendo SlideShare en la lista blanca de su bloqueador de anuncios, está apoyando a nuestra comunidad de creadores de contenidos.
¿Odia los anuncios?
Hemos actualizado nuestra política de privacidad.
Hemos actualizado su política de privacidad para cumplir con las cambiantes normativas de privacidad internacionales y para ofrecerle información sobre las limitadas formas en las que utilizamos sus datos.
Puede leer los detalles a continuación. Al aceptar, usted acepta la política de privacidad actualizada.